EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?

@ Kwieto

I dont know how often it should update the head temperature but if I set “0” it does not seem to work for me.
I have set polling to 600 and the polling seems to get the head temperature.
And then I get , af cause, “cant detect device”.
It is back onn when I change the setpoint.

I don’t monitor it on a regular basis, just check from time to time if I need to know what is temperature inside.
But I’ll set monitoring rule in the datamine this evening and see how frequently data are updated.

@Svaleb,
You’re right, I have the same experience. If polling is set to Off, temperature isn’t updated. If it is set to be performed, there is “can’t detect device” error, which clears after changing setpoint. I’m now testing polling for every 600 seconds (10 minutes) but with “automatically configure” set to NO.

Thanks for testing Kwieto !
I am not sure what you mean by “automatically configure set to no”, that is for the whole system ?

In the settings section, where you can set polling interval, there is also an option (first from top) “Automatically configure”. You have three options here: Use default behavior, YES and NO.
Default for most (all?) devices is YES. I set it to NO and it seems that it prevents error from reappearing, but it also stops updates of temperature (to be confirmed, maybe the change is just to small to be reported and this is why temp. is not updated)

Mine are all on “use default behavior”

I cannot remember why, but there are something you cannot do if it is not in that position.

If you have automatically configure set to “NO”, you can’t set associations on the device.

Anyway, it seems that it is either temp reading, or “can’t detect device” error.
Maybe thet topic for Vera support.

Thanks.
Vera has a lot of updating to do on thermostats.

[quote=“Ionut A, post:10, topic:197409”]Hi all,
I have added an integration request to our Development Team for the EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus radiator thermostat.[/quote]

any progress on the integration? I want to set 2 Spirits with a SRT321 Wall Thermostat. Also it would be nice to see the Valve Opening in %.
Thanks for reading
Tom

Would such info be useful? The same temp setting will bring different valve openings depending on various circumstances.

Would such info be useful? The same temp setting will bring different valve openings depending on various circumstances.[/quote]

I just want see whether it is closed or not.

Any progress in integrating SPIRIT thermostat? I still see the error Can’t Detect Device after some time.
Or did anyone solve this problem?
And I also need to see the opening level so I can simply switch the boiler on when the valve opens
Jan

I also have the problem that temperature can be set on Vera and get a “transmit OK”, but on the Spirit nothing happens.

My Spirit’s used with external T sensors (parameter 8 set to x80, temperature data converted and transmitted by Vera luup script).
Problem 1 is: Battery level not shown in UI
Problem 2 is: Displayed “current temperature” - temperature from internal sensor.

[quote=“Tmorfus, post:34, topic:197409”]My Spirit’s used with external T sensors (parameter 8 set to x80, temperature data converted and transmitted by Vera luup script).
Problem 1 is: Battery level not shown in UI
Problem 2 is: Displayed “current temperature” - temperature from internal sensor.[/quote]

Hi,
i haven’t the Problem nr.1 as you can see. Prob 2 i have it also, the internal Temperature is updated only sometimes in a long interval (It would be nice if the last value & read time ​​would be displayed). Can’t detect Device is often displayed, but it works fine. Also i’m missing the percent of how much the Valve is open.

Look at screen.
Gray - it a Remotec ZXT 120, actually it plugged.
Red - Spirit. on a battery.

Actual temperature of Spirit is wrong too, because it taked from Remotec (look at code sample)
Spirit actually opened and closed as well, as need, but INTERNAL temperature shown.

local function getLowByte16( value )
    local high_value = math.floor(value/256)
    high_value = high_value*256
    local low_value = value - high_value
    return low_value
end

local function getHighByte16( value )
    local high_value = math.floor(value/256)
    return high_value
end

local Nod = <ALTID OF SPIRIT>
local temp = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", DEVID OF RXT 120)
local ntemp=math.floor(temp*100)
local Dat = string.format("0x31 0x05 0x01 0x42 0x%02x 0x%02x",getHighByte16( ntemp ), getLowByte16( ntemp ))
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node=Nod, Data=Dat},1) 

With me the battery level is also displayed. Measured temperature is updated every few minutes (could also be that the temperature does not change so often).

Displayed self-measured temperature - is a problem, because Spirit set to use EXTERNAL temperature sensor.

Thanks @Tmorfus for your input.
I have several Spirit devices and wanted to use external temp sensor for them.
Unfortunatelly Tmorfus script doesn’t work for me :confused:
Even when I put 1500 as current temp (ntemp variable) and run it via ALTUI Lua Code Test function, nothing happen (thermostat valve should open since it target is set to 23 deg).
How can I debug what is wrong?
I’d appreciate any help with this.

Sorry for latency.
From the 18th of February to today, I went to a warm country with clean sea and delicious food. And did not even open the laptop once.

Let try to debug.
1st: Spirit can react in 5 min. It Ok.
2nd: My scale - Celsius. M.b you from USA :slight_smile:

Possible - wrong datatype in LUA variable, if you put 1500 manualy, m.b. it wrong.
Try to put 15.00 to “temp”, better to set ntemp by math.floor