Explain to me how Thermostats work?

If you’re using the old APIs as me (I’ve not migrated in order to still use Vera’s integration), I’ve found it to be less stable than before. My thermostats will go offline frequently (even if coverage is very good: one is at 1 mt away from the router, and the other 2 at less than 2 meters).

The new APIs are out, but are massively different from the previous one, so a new plugin will be needed. Given the mess it’s thermostat implementation on Vera, I’m not sure I want to embark on this project (to be honest, I started to (re)write a Tado plugin and got stuck for the same reason…)

I don’t do any interface development but I would think the Google Home stuff is probably not well refined yet and combined with my Vera experiences I don’t need to add any more layers of frustration.

Uh, I know I can’t follow Vera community and blog and announcements very closely, I simply don’t have the time! However, can someone point me to (gulp) a comprehensive overview of the plans for the future? I have to make a couple of well informed decisions soon, and I would appreciate anyone who helps me get up to speed efficiently!

Elzo bought Vera company.

They are currently developing their own new line of hubs with their own new and “improved” firmware.

Existing line of the Vera hubs at some point in time can be updated to the new Ezlo firmware.

Vera Edge only can be updated today.

But no migration path announced, so means unpairing and pairing all Z-Wave devices again to the new Ezlo hub / old Vera hub running the new Ezlo firmware.

Existing Vera plugins won’t work on the new Ezlo firmware and all have to be rewritten again.

Any 3rd party integrations previously done with Vera will also break and have to be rewritten as Ezlo have new APIs.

Anything I missed?

1 Like

Getting a little out of my league here but I don’t think the sub category has much to do with what buttons are displayed in the GUI, I think that comes more from the json file.

Still waiting for the reply teatv