Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker Tracker is here

A big chunk of previously reported issues, new features or device integrations are now visible to everybody in the Ezlo Community group.

Again, if you do not see them please send me a private message with your username and I will fix this.

Please bear with us a little longer until we put everything in one place and update all of the previous requests.

1 Like

@melih said that every bug reported on the forum is tracked and catalogued in your internal system
@Sorin said that “I can confirm that we have QA looking through existing reports in the forum and they are manually adding the existing reports”
@Sorin said “I personally reported over 400 of the bugs since 2018, integration and features requests all coming from this forum”
@Gabi said “A big chunk of previously reported issues, new features or device integrations are now visible to everybody in the Ezlo Community group.”

if everything is like this why there is tremendous effort to put in the system something that according to your words is already in the system :slight_smile:

nevertheless i hope that the things will speed up with ezlo development.

P.S.

The “all requests” shows 384 requests, so thats good.

In post-mortem terms, this is another case of incomplete implementation and failing to manage expectations. There were directions given for a final-product system while this is an initial, almost pre-production, release.

Modified messaging would have resulted in a much more positive result. “We are rolling out the tracker. We need a dozen people to log in and create test tickets. The system is empty now but we will be loading the existing requests over the next two weeks”

This is just another example in a long chain of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 Likes

Please note we added two new request types for device integrations.

We will also ensure all device integrations captured in this thread → Tell us which integrations you want us to make for the EZLO PLATFORM please - General Device Discussions - Ezlo Community, will be visible in the Ezlo Bug Tracker, in the short term.

Pleas let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Could someone help me please? I’m registered on the bug tracker but cannot remember my password. When I try the reset link I don’t receive an email.

There were several requests, coming in from the community, to introduce a new way of raising bugs without having to create a new account, so we introduced a new option.

Please find the more details and instructions on how to report issues here → Reporting bugs or requesting new Features - Ezlo Community Support - Confluence

Anyone still checking the “Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker”? I have the feeling that nothing is happening here anymore. Even posts where I have noted that they have been solved are not marked as “done”.

Hello Odysee,
We had some delays in replying to posts in the community forum. Now we are trying to make our interaction on forum more efficient. You can see improvements in our communication shortly. The same actions we are taking for community bug tracker. Thank you for bringing this point to our attention.

Almost three months later I still see no progress on the Feature Request and Bug Tracker. Feature requests and bugs continue to be reported. But if I’m reading this correctly, there hasn’t been any activity from Ezlo for a year.

1 Like

Odysee, I think you’re being too harsh. Its a big ask for a customer user group to want to see all the internal problem (bug) reports and dispositions. Few companies share those gory details. As for feature request those too have some competitive value and I can see why Ezlo wouldn’t publish those. It would be a how to guide to competitors.

I have had a few issues cutting over to Ezlo in the past month or so. Its a bumpy ride to be sure but I’m not flying the space shuttle with Ezlo. I’m controlling a few lights, locks and such. I have found their response to my issues earnest and prompt. Now I haven’t seen fixes yet so that will be the acid test but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

They recently published a new release to the product line so hopefully they are well down the path on the next one. Some companies do releases on the calendar (1, or 2, or 3, 
 per year), others when they have sufficient improvements to warrant a release. I think Ezlo is the latter.

2 Likes

Please don’t misunderstand. This isn’t meant to be harsh, but more of a friendly reminder that this useful tool for reporting bugs and enhancements isn’t going to sleep. That was introduced to advance Ezlo’s development. But when there is no more activity from Ezlo visible, users will stop posting there.

2 Likes

Hello Odysee

Thank you for your kind reminder about actions’ visibility on our community bugtracker.
We appreciate the precious feedback we are receiving through different channels from our customers. Our goal is to keep communication with our customers clear and consistent. You can see that communication on the forum is live and prompt. You can see and track topics that our customers have raised are being resolved one by one. Currently, we are changing our internal procedures that allow our users to see what’s happening (status and actions) with requests we are getting from our customers. We’ll apply these changes starting next week.

2 Likes

Max

I created nearly 100 tickets in the bug tracker.

The problem was nothing then seemed to happen with my tickets, their status never changed and I couldn’t see any notes added by Ezlo.

I did ask about some tickets and in one case I was told the ticket had been closed by Ezlo. But it didnt show that at my end.

There seems to be an internal ticket system that when Ezlo edit users tickets on there, it doesnt then also update the tickets the users see on the bug tracker ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but that was my experience using it. So I had no idea if Ezlo had worked on the ticket or not or if they had fixed the issue

Hello @cw-kid

You are right, we have a mirror task tracking system. All changes we apply to a ticket are reflected in the community tracker ticket’s status. I tried it myself. When a ticket is closed, it’s removed from the community tracker tickets list.
About the ticket’s status. We’ve started reviewing the community bug tracker tickets and making sure we added them to our product backlog. We are moving from fresh tickets to older ones. So, you’ll see more changes in that area.
Also, we are trying gradually make our communication via the community bug tracker clear and traceable.