Ezlo controllers Beta enrollment starts now

I look forward to putting the new Ezlo Atom 2 through its paces, It’s great that we can now see what all the chatter has been about. I will feedback the good and the bad.

1 Like

Superb! Mail received.

1 Like

I just hope the 3rd party devs can convert their plugins for the new Ezlo platform.

There are some 3rd party plugins I couldn’t live without, like the Logitech Harmony plugin.

1 Like

I also received the email.
I look forward to the new hardware
thank you

Great opportunity. Just received email with confirmation.
Looking forward to receive the equipment and start testing. :wink:

Guys, here is range of Hubs we have with some details

3 Likes

I also received the email
Thank you

I would really like to get in on the Ezlo Plus beta. Any way I can do that?
Thanks!
RW

Just read this on the weekly summary, so bad I’m late :frowning:
Those new devices look promising! Keep it up!

Small details which are incorrect on the veras but of great importance on the CPU which I posted above:
The VeraPlus is a single core dual thread.
The Vera Secure is a dual core quad thread while the H2+ is a quad core quad thread.
They are of different architecture but of same technology node. The vera MTK was designed to be a AC1200 mid range router CPU while the Allwinner is cheapened down version of a rock bottom cheap (H3) set top box. The MTK has a much wider I/O com bus and is designed to be on 24/7, not the Allwinner which is really being used for toys as it was too weak for its STP target market. It has a GPU but not sure what use it will have for this application.
You are also missing the details of the flash being low end consumer grade eMMC TLC vs high endurance and faster SLC.
Overall upgrades: zwave and zigbee, BT radios, RAM, Storage size, CPU performance vs vera plus.
Downgrade: CPU class (from mid range router to low end toy), ethernet, wifi (2x2 vera vs 1x1 ezlo), storage class (from professional appliance grade to low end consumer) and speed
About the same: CPU performance vs vera secure which was untapped by the vera firmware.
I like the switch to ARM though and a better Linux distro though with potential for a better firmware. The radio upgrades are great for future proofing even if not useful at all today.

Sorry but from my hardware enthusiast and semiconductor professional perspective, I will pass. The vera didn’t cut it and this overall feels like a downgrade from a reliability and too many areas of performance perspective to me especially after so many years.

3 Likes

VeraPlus is based on MT7621 which is Dual Core/Quad Thread.

H2 has a Quad-Core Arm (C) Cortex-A7 CPU with PLL range 200-2800MHz, throttling and other features of modern ARM. They are not the same technology node.

The OTT-Boxes works in a much more difficult modes than the Ethernet-swith for which Mediatek was created. OTT-Boxes work in 24x7 mode. Sometimes manufacturers greatly reduce the cost of the design and removing cooling - this is the cause of overheating. These cases are not related to the processor. This is very a powerful processor.

For Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Plus Plus
Upgrade:

1. The processor has moved from the category of quiet chips for Ethernet routers to the class of powerful ARM, consumer-oriented serious tasks. The performance of H2 CPU is really great and definitely next level comparing with Vera Plus.

2. WiFi lost 2RT (it’s not even full MiMo), its not a downgrade.
    Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Plus Plus received a 5GHz band, which is definitely upgrade.

3. The storage class has increased from fairly fast, having an excessively large size, having a small capacity and close to be obsolete - to a proven one having a small size and large volume EMMC 5.x. This chip in production and it is unified and there should be no problems with the use of new ones. These EMMC can be found in any equipment, from toys to servers.

4 Likes

If I have some questions about the new firmware on these devices, is this the appropriate place to ask them? Or is there/going to be a separate forum/thread for such things?

Guys,
Happy to report that both Ezlo Atoms and Plughubs have now made their way from China to us safely
and we are getting them ready to ship to you guys asap.

7 Likes

Is the Ezlo Plus mountable on the wall?

If they don’t have mounting holes, some Velcro tape will work.

1 Like

I agree. Its so light (I have one) it will easily stay on with a Velcro.

Do these new hubs keep the correct time when there is no Internet connection?

Or do they still rely on Ntp servers?

My Vera Edge and Plus lose the correct time when no Internet making schedules not work.

it will try to keep the correct time…however there will be some time drift.
We have ideas about collecting time from other sources like the local router and others…(we haven’t started this initiative though)…

I can cope with some time drift.

The Veras default to Jan 1st 2000 when they can’t see the Ntp time server.

Just being able to set the time manually on the Veras would be useful. I had no Internet for two weeks at the start of the year and Vera really wasn’t happy about it.

1 Like