Ezlo Dashboard Alpha version

Hi @cw-kid, in the near future we don’t have plans for API or http server but to enable that logic we are planning to add scenes / rule engine changing your active (displayed dashboard on that display device).

This is also on the roadmap, but as I said we prioritized web version to enable this app in other apps too.

Great I think that will do the job !

Being able to have the Ezlo hub scenes or rules engine control aspects of the Ezlo dasboard app running on the tablet, display IP camera images, display certain dashboard pages or widgets etc upon things happening on the hub.

1 Like

Thank you @LibraSun, we will consider this recommendation too, it would be really good to see a warning depending on severity level and some other functions like don’t show me again, remind me tomorrow, also it will need some sort of message history for people who missed something to catch up later.

1 Like

@goker

Can you confirm that the Ezlo Dashboard Configurator app / web dashboard app at some point will be able to be used with the existing Vera hubs / Vera Firmware ?

Or will it only be for Vera hubs running the new Ezlo Linux firmware ?

Thanks

Hi @reneboer,
We know other community members spend some time voluntarily testing our alpha version too, and we appreciate that from day one, we learned a lot. :v:
I started working on those communication issues by including @Anna to the team, and soon, we will see better results with her contributions.

As Anna said in her message, we are sorry for the misinformation at the beginning.

Kind regards,
Goker

1 Like

Hi,

At the moment we are working on the new Ezlo Linux firmware running on Vera hubs only.

Kind regards,
Goker

@goker

How do we get all the Z-Wave devices on our current Vera unit on to a Ezlo hub or Vera unit running Ezlo firmware?

So we can test the new dashboard app with all our existing devices.

Is it possible to have a test Vera Edge unit running the new Ezlo Linux firmware and have my production Vera Plus running the old Vera firmware bridged some how?

Can the Ezlo firmware Vera Edge be a secondary Z-Wave controller to the primary Vera Plus running Vera firmware?

Without having to actually unpair all the Z-Wave devices from Vera hub to the Ezlo firmware hub.

Kinda hard to properly test a new dashboard app if I only have a few spare physical Z-Wave devices paired to a Ezlo firmware hub.

As you mentioned this is an open discussion that we are still considering, at the moment we don’t have a solution, tbh I don’t see a technical solution that can copy all the Z-Wave devices to a new hardware! but using the same unit with a new hardware migration sounds feasible to me.

Bridge in between old and new firmware is something we are trying with new Ezlo Cloud and Dashboard App; so you can see all the devices associated to both hubs and then you can create a dashboard using both assets.

1 Like

Still unable to login.

Fixed finally in.

So far the templates look limited and things are not snappy.

When clicking on select a tile type - device it takes 8 seconds before it offers me a selection.
After filling most boexes, i click done, which returns me to select dashboard template page. I am unable to continue from there, the continue button is grey out.
I select back and there is no dashboard. When i try to add again all the devices i added to the missing dashboard are not selectable any more. I have to restart app to get a selection of all devices.

1 Like

We got this feedback couple more times and will work on this flow by simplifying template orientation selection screens.

If the button is gray out, probably you need to create (fill) at least one tile in landscape mode, or change the toggle button of Use only one template and continue from there.

Rest of the issues will be under investigation by the team;

1. Slow device list gathering
  2. Unless you click done (it will be replaced with save), your dashboards will not be saved.
  3. Restarting the app to get device list
1 Like

I filled 6 or more tiles, then clicked done, still the continue was greyed out.

on both landscape and portrait modes right?

Landscape on android 8 tablet.

@goker @melih

I can now login to the Ezlo Dashboard app as I have an Ezlo Atom added to my Vera account. Although it doesn’t work and it always offline.

Are there any updates on this app yet ?

Note: All my devices and scenes are on my Vera Plus running Vera Firmware.

Also note that the Ezlo dashboard app is also showing devices from my test Vera Edge unit as well (also Vera firmware). No distinction of what devices are from what Vera controller.

Not many dashboard page layouts to choose from.

I cannot select a scene at all they never load up and appear no matter how long I wait.

Slow to load the devices list but the devices do appear under “By type”.

If I select “By room” instead the devices do no appear.

I added two Hue Lamps (Alt Hue plugin) and my ceiling light (Fibaro Dimmer2) I can see these devices on my dashboard page but when I click on them nothing at all happens.

In fact I cannot click on any of the tiles nothing happens for any of them.

No way to drag and reposition tiles once you have placed them.

No way to give tiles a custom name instead of the actual device name coming from Vera.

No custom icons.

No RGBW colour wheel controls ?

“Use one template” - A portrait template will be used for both modes portrait and landscape.

Should it auto rotate then when I put my phone in to landscape? It does not.

Too many features and functions missing to list them all.

Running the Ezlo Dashboard app on my Android 9 Pie mobile phone.

Ezlo Dashboard app version is 0.0.2.14

Vera Plus is firmware version 1.7.4970 (7.31)

When will we start to see the same features and options as the Imperihome app we were promised as we discussed in various threads ?

Thanks

Predefined dashboard layouts.

Devices don’t appear to load “by room”

Scenes don’t load at all

Cannot select any tiles nothing happens when you press them all.

Same lounge room in Imperihome

The app at this stage is just the layout it has no functionality.

1 Like

There needs to be a prompt to Save on this page if you press the back button instead of pressing save.

I just added all my devices to a new dahlshboard page and by mistake I clicked the back arrow in the app. The dashboard wasn’t saved and I lost the setup I just did.

Yes I should of pressed the save button first but a prompt would be nice if you do what I just did.

I’d like the devices types to be not expanded by default.

When adding a device tile to a dashboard page, when you select device it then lists all your devices by their various types. However this is a very long list to scroll down to find the device your looking for.

If the device types:

Generic
Interface
Switch
Dimmable Light
Av
Security Sensor
Power Meter
Temperature
Scene Controller
Window Cov - Not “Covering” ?
HVAC
Remote Control
Light Sensor
Weather
Generic Sensor
Humidity
Philips Controller
Camera

If these were by default all collapsed then the list would be much shorter and you could just expand the device type where you think the device you are looking for might be located.

I’d also like to see a search field to be able to search for a device by name.

Would a colour picker not be better for selecting the background colour?

How do I make it black? I have to Google the RGB values and move each slider to the correct value.

Imperihome change page background colour.

Colour wheel or you can enter in exact colour codes.

Tile font size. Can this not just be dynamic?

Some tiles with have short names and other tiles with have longer names.

In Imperihome it dynamically resizes the text smaller for tiles with longer names so the name fits in the tile.

Likewise for dashboard title names.

This dashboard is named “Page Selection” however I can only read the name “Page”

Custom background images appear to work, I just picked a random picture off my phone.

However how do you remove previously used background images from the app completely that you no longer wish to use?

Hello @cw-kid, thank you for your feedback!

New updates we will introduce in a web based dashboard app

Yes it works with Vera hubs if you also have an Ezlo hub.

This part is also changed and you will be able to select the controller for which you want to create a dashboard.

That was done just as a very first step. In the near future you will be able to create your own custom dashboards without selecting the layout.

It’s known issues, as we mentioned this before and we are working on it.

In this app you can create, edit, and delete a dashboard. It’s not a functional dashboard.

Those items in the roadmap.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:74, topic:213875”]
“Use one template” - A portrait template will be used for both modes portrait and landscape.

Color picker looks differently now in a web based app, so you can easily change the color.

That was also fixed in the web based app.

You can select white color on the color picker and you won’t see this picture.

Anna

Thank you for you response.

When will the Web version be available?

Who is the leader person in charge of the dashboard development? Am I able to speak to them directly?

Thanks.