Ezlo Linux firmware - HTTP documentation preview

Sorry dude its back now.

My controller running 1.1.988.4 is listening on port 17000, not 16000, so the docs need to be updated or the port needs to change in the firmware.

/opt/firmware/bin/at88util -v

curl -H "Authorization: Basic <redacted token>" \
	--insecure \
	--http1.1 \
	--silent \
	https://192.168.0.216:17000/v1/method/hub/info/get

{
  "error": null,
  "id": "5f315d87129de117069de8b6",
  "result": {
    "architecture": "armv7l",
    "build": {
      "branch": "at",
      "builder": "@c6ecd9788c17",
      "commit": "9719549df7a899f7caab705f",
      "time": "2020-08-03T16:12:57+0000"
    },
    "firmware": "1.1.988.4",
    "kernel": "4.19.75",
    "localtime": "2020-08-10T10:45:27-0400",
    "location": {
      "latitude": <redacted>,
      "longitude": <redacted>,
      "state": "customTimezone",
      "timezone": "America/New_York"
    },
    "model": "h2.1",
    "serial": "90000330",
    "uptime": "2d 20h 35m 18s"
  }
}

I would put the auth string and ID into an expression variable. The auth string will need to be pre-encoded to base64, as Reactor’s expression language does not currently have a base64 encoding/decoding functions (I can add them easily). The target value could also be in an expression variable, or a constant, whatever your need calls for. The request would then look like this (I’ve left the variable as a constant):

Here’s the variable setup, using your ID string from your post and username ‘user’ password ‘pass’ (for the AUTH string):

You can encode the base64 username and password/token using the base64 command on the Vera or most Linux distros. Syntax varies a little, but it’s usually some form of echo -n "user:pass" | base64

Theoretically, it should be possible for you to write Reactor logic to periodically request a new auth token and just stick it into the ID variable, all within the same ReactorSensor.

I’ll add base64 encode and decode functions into upcoming 3.8.

2 Likes

Using variables for the authentication id and token looks handy and wise. I’m pushing house mode changes from my production vera to my ezlo hubs using Reactor and this will reduce the maintenance when the token expires.

That said, I looked at the docs, to see if Reactor’s house mode is available as a variable that I can use to push the mode value to the ezlo hubs but didn’t see it. My experience in the past, is that the Vera house mode variable can lag the Vera’s actual mode due to race-condition issues in the House Mode plugin. Is there a way that I can retrieve an accurate current house mode from Reactor for use in an activity variable to push the house mode to the ezlo slaves?

The House Modes plugin using polling, so it’s guaranteed to be wrong for some period of time from 0 to the polling interval. Reactor doesn’t do this.

Reactor’s HouseMode variable is kept on the Reactor master device. It’s the same variable that drives the House Mode condition, so you can reliably use it. So the Request URL field in the HTTP Request action might look like this:

https://192.168.0.110:17000/v1/method/hub.item.value.set?_id={ID}&value_int={getstate("Reactor", "urn:toggledbits-com:serviceId:Reactor", "HouseMode")}

Notice here I’ve just put the expression in line, rather than going through a variable. Did you know you can do that?

1 Like

Thanks @rigpapa.

FYI, here is the house switch mode method that I am using.

https://192.168.0.216:17000/v1/method/hub/modes/switch?modeId={getstate("Reactor", "urn:toggledbits-com:serviceId:Reactor", "HouseMode")}

Works like a champ.

1 Like

Note that it is not your normal logon user id and password that is used for the token here. You first must request those values from the portal as you can see in my script. Once you have those you could use those as input. Note that those values are also stored in the EzloBridge in-case you are using that.

Yes i found them in ezlo bridge and i’m using those

Thanks @rigpapa coupled with switchboard - virtual dimmer it works perfectly, i was doing the authentication wrong :slight_smile: but now i fixed it.

Hi guys
Can you do some things for us automatically, for a newbie like me and for our future uses please?

Guys, an update about simple one line http commands.

We are planning to add possibility to enable/disable of authentification in our HTTP API.
In this case it will be possible to disable auth and remove all security by your own choice and have the same simple one line commands how it works now on Vera hubs.
If you need more security, it will be possible to enable it through api request.

4 Likes

Hallelujah :grin:

Hi @Oleh
Good news in an ocean of questions for http request
Very happy to read that
Many thanks

It is in progress now.
You will have a choice between security and simplicity.

Guys, an annouce of our next release…

As we discussed before, here is the API description for:

• Enable or disable insecure access (WS and HTTP as opposed to secure WSS and HTTPS).
    You may want to enable it if self-signed certificates used on controller are not supported in your client software.
  • Enable or disable anonymous access (without authentication via hub.offline.login.ui for requests via WS API or HTTP basic authentication for requests via HTTP API)
  • Notify controller about new local access data availability.
  • Login to Controller via direct connection as user
  • Login to Controller via direct connection as controller

It will be possible to enable/disable basic auth and remove all security by own choice and have the same simple one line commands how it works now on Vera hubs.
If you need security, it will be possible to enable it through api request.

It will be available in our next Thursday’s release

LocalModeCommands.pdf (92.3 KB)

3 Likes

@Oleh

I can’t see hub.offline.login.ui in the online API Tool.

So how do we turn off authentication for one line HTTP requests ?

Thanks

Hi

Can you explain how you setup the authorisation in Postman please ?

I’m getting a Error: socket hang up

Thanks

Using a Raspberry Pi to send the command but from my Atom I am just getting this response and its not working:

curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Curl version on the Pi

Seems Curl is already the latest version

I guess this doesn’t work on the Atom as yet.

@cw-kid,

You are right, its not implemented yet for Atom, we are working on it.

Oleh

Please can you help answer my question here about turning off authentication for the HTTP API

Thank you.