Failed to save system configuration

I’m running the latest version 1.7.2349 of firmware on VeraPlus and I saw the same thing… Any changes to scenes … “Failed to save system Configuration”… ???

Hi Kalapa,

That happens when you have HTML escape characters in one of your scenes. The current beta should have a fix for that, but I have not tried. I edit my scenes with ALTUI for the time being. That still works just fine.

Cheers Rene

I am unsure but I must have panicked and posted in two threads. To fix Vera Alerts I first cleaned up all of my scenes to make sure device errors and LUA errors were all gone.

Then I followed RTS’s instructions in http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15317.msg300215.html#msg300215 .

Works like a charm now!!!

Chuck

Thanks chuck1026 and reneboer for suggestions
I tried with latest and beta and Richards’s updated “J_VeraAlerts” file. Now everything working fine

@Richard … Thanks for great Plugin … have been using for some time on VeraLite… now moved to Vera Plus…

Richard… quick question… Is it required to manually upload “J_veraAlerts” file again when vera updates this firmware from beta to released version?

and is it OK to use PLEG on this beta version… or any known issues?

You can turn Auto Update on on UI7 …
I will release this file and make and official release when the Beta becomes the next current baseline (i.e. people start moving up).

PLEG works fine on the Beta.
The Beta is finally where we should have been about 18 months ago.

Thanks for confirming Richard. I’ll start using PLEG.

I now have this error after upgrading my Vera Plus to 1.7.2414. Never had it before. Trying to create a new scene. It has a short Lua code:

local Stair12HiMotionOn = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1","Tripped", 196) if tonumber(Stair12HiMotionOn) >0 then return false end

When I try creating the scene, it will think for a couple of minutes, then say Failed to save system configuration, followed by several restarts. The scene does not save. When I try creating the scene again, it says Scene name must be unique. As if the scene was in fact created. But it is not running and not in the scene list.

I now have the same error after upgrading. When I update an existing scene and add an additional device to this scene, the scene closes after saving with the message “cannot save system configuration”. Running the scene does indeed not affect the new device. Howeve, after editing the scene again, it does show the changes I made in the scene in the scene editor. Somehow the scene gets saved interface wise, but remembers the old state and does not reflect the changes made in the editor anymore…?

I’m having the same exact issues with the latest firmware. However mine appears to present the error ONLY when I add LUA code to the trigger.

Same here, I get the error with LUA for the trigger

If I remove the LUA, save, it works okay
I can then edit the scene to make the changes I want and save. No error and works after a refresh
Then I go back in to put the LUA code in for the trigger, save - no error
But when I reload, the LUA code is not there

Same problem here. I can’t change a scene.
I’m running the lastest firmware (Vera 3).

Same here, when I save a scene it corrupts the LUA-code with different characters and I get "Failed to save system configuration. When I delete the characters and replace it with new LUA-code it works :frowning:

Did not see this thread sooner but came to the same conclusion as reported here. Trigger Lua code is a no go.

Anyone knows if the beta firmware had the problem? I am thinking of downgrading.

Answering my own question: same problem with the beta firmware.

I’m having the issue intermittently. Sometimes an edit works, sometimes it doesn’t and I can’t figure out a pattern why. This problem has been frustrating enough that it has gotten me experimenting with other controllers.

I believe once you resave the LUA in every scene you have, the problem goes away. Just open your scenes in order one at a time, put a space or something in scenes that have LUA, and save the LUA, then save the scene.

No I doesn’t: I contacted support and they told me they are aware of the problem

Any Lua code in the trigger section will cause the “failed to save system configuration”
You cannot resave any of these scenes

Any scene which has special characters in the lua code (in the scene, not the trigger) will automatically disable the save lua button.
I tried deleting the special character and retype it and this enables the “save lua” button again and should let us save the scene but that is if there is no code in the trigger section.

Yes, it solved it for me. When you edit a scene (adding or deleting a device for example) always save the LUA code, even if not that part is changed. In this case it will not corrupt you code. If it already has, you need to re-enter the code.

Just to chime in… I discovered this issue tonight, and it is maddening.

I tried following the advice of resaving the LUA and scenes for each scene to see if the problem goes away but it immediately simply corrupted the first scene I tried - the LUA just gets garbled at the end. I have many scenes with LUA in them so I don’t know how to fix this. I now have scenes that won’t work and I have no idea how to fix them.

I have a VeraLite running 1.7.902 if that is useful…

If you use Vera Alerts … Add a notification to each scene …
It will fix ALL scenes in one go …

The latest version of MCV software requires all scenes be upgraded at one time … but they only allow you to edit one scene at a time.

The only other approach is to delete ALL scenes with LUA (and startup LUA) and start over.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:39, topic:192737”]If you use Vera Alerts … Add a notification to each scene …
It will fix ALL scenes in one go …[/quote]

Appreciate the help - and maybe I’m not understanding something, but the scene in question does have a Vera Alert on it, but when I save, it corrupts the LUA. Is this what I have to do for each, and then correct the corrupted LUA? If so, it seems not much better than deleting all scenes and starting over…