Failover unsuccessful. Tried 2 server(s)

When trying to use Home Buddy I’m not getting anywhere. It worked just fine last week, and nothing that I know of has changed on my end. I’m not able to control any devices and get the message “Failover unsuccessful. Tried 2 server(s)” when trying to refresh.

From what I can tell my IPs are still the same on everything. Vera is logged in to mios. Is there anything I can do to get this back up and running?

Can you log into the remote interface – http://cp.mios.com?

Are you able to load your user data in a browser (doesn’t have to be on your phone, you could use your desktop to test)? https://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy/troubleshooting#user_data

Hi!

I’m having the same problem as well. I can log into the remote interface at cp.mios.com, but I can’t load the user data in a browser from either of the two fwd1.mios.com or fwd2.mios.com addresses. It does however provide me with the user data if I try the local IP option. Any thoughts? Do I have to open up any specific ports in the firewall?

Thanks!

Been having a problem with remote access through HomeBuddy for a couple weeks. It says “Failover unsuccessful. Tried two server(s).” I had already logged in via mios earlier, but did so again at your suggestion above and I can get in fine there. What I noticed is that your app is trying fwd1 and fwd2.mios.com while cp.mios.com is jumping to fwd4. Could the fix me that simple?

Same thing happens for me too!

It seems that MiOS had added more remote servers… check the output of the following URL:

http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=

if that doesn’t work, try sta2.mios.com.

Home Buddy should get the remote server info from one of those URLs, but it will only get it the first time you set it up. If MiOS changed your forward server settings since the you first configured Home Buddy, you may have to delete your Vera instance and set Home Buddy up again. To do so, go to the Setup screen, pull up the menu and select “Remove Instance”. You can now select “Locate Vera” to find your Vera automatically or “Add Vera” to set everything up manually.

I’m still configured for fwd1 and fwd2 so haven’t had this issue. If this helps anyone with this problem, please post back and let me know if this worked for you or not, thanks.

I looked at the json and fwd4 is my primary with fwd1 as the backup. I don’t understand why the fallback to fwd1 failed, but following your directions to drop and re-add vera fixed the issue.

Hopefully MiOS won’t change the forward servers again. It’s a bit tedious to go through the process. Maybe you could add a button (or some logic) to check for updates to the user’s servers?

Thanks rakstar. Mine started failing somewhere in mid-December, working only on local (lan). I deleted/added my Vera and it’s back to normal now.

The standard (web) interface is so horribly slow and tedious on Android, so HomeBuddy is a lifesaver.

I just wanted to say a big “thanks” to rakstar for the information above w/r/t the new fwd#.mios.com additions – and the http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username= to find out the current information. My Home Buddy on my Android smartphone stopped connecting a few days ago, and I couldn’t figure it out. (I’ve always been able to login using my web browser to MiOS ). Using that link, I found that my forward servers changed to fwd5 and fwd6.

It’s a pity that Home Buddy doesn’t allow direct editing of the forward server names, but it was no big deal to Remove and then re-add (manually because I’m currently away from home) the required data. It’s working again now. :slight_smile:

Thanks!,
Greg

Try the AutHomation app!!!

Well this sucks. My forward servers were unexpectedly changed by Vera again, just a few days later, now to fwd3 and fwd4.mios.com. Anyone else getting switched around rapidly?

It’s a pain to have to delete and manually re-add my Vera, but not THAT big of a pain. Still (as I wrote earlier) it sure would be nice if the configured forward server names were directly editable in Home Buddy, rather than the delete-and-re-add process.

Greg

They will change if you reboot or restart the luup engine of Vera. You should be able to change it under the settings. There are other app alternatives.

• Garrett

Mine also failed several times this week. I use this a lot. Thinking about changing the app.

This worked perfectly ;D THANKS!!!

I am now getting the “Failover Unsuccessful - Tried (2) Servers” error message each time I attempt to use Home Buddy on Android. Problem started just today, and it bears noting that I restarted my VERA unit yesterday.

I can access Vera locally through my PC’s web browser, without any problem. I tried the above suggestions of checking my forwarding server (it is, and always has been fwd1), and even removing and re-adding my Vera instance in the app Setup.

No go. Any suggestions how to proceed now?