Feature Request - Change to battery level indicator

Hi

I know this isn’t what the app was designed for, however I am using the iPhone locator to track battery levels on my Apple Devices.

When a device is fully charged, it is announced on Sonos and a push notification is sent to the other devices.

This is a good way of being advised when an Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad is fully charged so it can be unplugged from the wall, to save energy.

The same happens when a battery goes below 20% to remind us to charge a device.

The iPhone locator displays the battery level of the device, but only when the position of a device on that apple account changes, therefore it mostly shows 0%. Is it possible to always show the battery level? If the device isn?t detected, could the previous battery level would be displayed instead of 0%.

Thanks

John

Using PLEG, I have harvested the battery level from the plug-in. Have you thought of using PLEG or Reactor to trigger the notifications you are looking for?

I am not observing this at all. PLEG won?t help. It is irrelevant. It is about icloud updating the battery level and mine gets updated at every location update regardless of whether the location changed so I am not sure what the OP is talking about. I have a TTS submitted when my battery level is low using a variable watch on the battery level.

For me, the battery indicator nearly always shows 0% unless a device has significant movement.

Is anyone else getting this?

see screenshot

[quote=“JohnGiddings, post:4, topic:200022”]For me, the battery indicator nearly always shows 0% unless a device has significant movement.

Is anyone else getting this?

see screenshot[/quote]

Battery level should not be 0 unless there is pb with iCloud communication or some other problems hidden. maybe enable DEBUG mode on iPhoneLocator, reload luup, capture the log for a while and send them to me so I have a look

Thanks amg0

Private message sent