few questions/issues

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:19, topic:197210”]@MadMax
What country are you in ?[/quote]

Australia

Try setting your Language to “English US”.

Google Home says that it appears my account is not linked and I can do that by the Google Home app.

I can’t for the life of me see any reference to Vera Concierge in the app or work out how to link. What are the steps for this? I’m using Google Home version 1.25.81.17 which updated on Oct 4th, 2017.

@GaryOkie
Sorry I missed your response. This looks like it is having problems talking to the Vera Remote access servers.
Did you change your password after configuring the Concierge Server ?
If you are still having problems I suggest the following:

1. In the “Local Concierge Server” installation area.
    There should be an uninstall script. Execute it!
    This should shut down the “Local Concierge Server”
    Delete all the files except ConciergeServer.jar.
    If you have not already upgraded to Version 1.031 then delete it and download the latest Version.
  2. ReInstall the Local Concierge Server
  3. Start the Log right away before entering ANY data.
  4. Do your configuration, connectivity tests, and updating Cloud info.
  5. Email me the log when you are done if you still have problems.

@MadMax1412
This is something that has continuously changes since Google Assistant was introduced.
It was a flat list when it started. As the number of APPS increased … it became quite unusable.

NOW in the menu there is an “Explore” option.
Search for “Vera Concierge”

@Richard - thanks for the advice.

I had already done the delete everything/reinstall process yesterday, but gave it another go. The result was identical - it is failing to connect to the Vera servers. The log info I previously provided in reply#13 has the same errors, but I will email you the full log.

I mentioned this before, but the install process is prompting me for the admin password several times before it completes. It did not do this on the very first install. It also doesn’t show any Java console output in the terminal window as it did on the first install.

I think I may need to just rebuild the Raspberry with a different OS than Raspbian.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:25, topic:197210”]NOW in the menu there is an “Explore” option.
Search for “Vera Concierge”[/quote]

Did that, found it and clicked on “Try It”.

It takes me to my Google Assistant screen like it does when I ask my phone a question. The only problem is that Google’s response doesn’t come. It just sits on the 3 pulsating dots as shown here.

When it comes to trying to determine where the fault lies, I think my configuration must be ok. When I go to [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7qhDetEFHRoRVJkSmNpemNOSjQ]https://192.168.1.74:8989/[/url] and go down to Vera Devices and click on “Custom settings”, it shows my Aoetec Smart Switch which I called “Popcorn” and assigned to the Kitchen as shown in this screenshot.

BTW, a few days ago I had installed the Vera Concierge app from the Play Store. When I say “Turn on Popcorn”, it responds “Which Switch?” - See screenshot.

If I go to my Google Home and ask “Let me talk to Vera Concierge” it says “I don’t know how to help with that” as shown in this screenshot of my activity. A few days ago (I think prior to me deleting the Vera Database files from the Raspberry Pi and trying the setup again), when I asked it the same question, it put me through to Vera Concierge and I got a male voice telling me of the service etc, but when I asked him to turn on Popcorn, he said “Which Switch”.

I’ve gone through the “Debug your configuration” thread and tried all the steps and I can’t see what I’m doing wrong, if anything. I’ve even changed my language settings to US rather than AUS as suggested but it hasn’t helped.

When I bought the Google Home, I was very excited about starting my journey into home automation using voice controls. Samsung’s SmartThings hub isn’t available in Australia, so I opted for the Vera Edge to control my Z-wave unit. So until I can get this one Z-wave unit to work via voice, I’m holding off on buying anything else such as switches for my downlights etc.

There’s nothing in the settings within the Vera Dashboard side of things that can affect this, is there?

Is the fact my browser shows the connection as not secure, even though I installed the security certificate, causing any issues?

Just grasping at straws here as I can’t see anything wrong in my setup.

@MadMax1412
What happens when you do connectivity on the Local Concierge Server and the Cloud Server ?
By any chance have you configured your Vera as “Secure” (User and Account Info → Unit Settings) ?
I have been told that connectivity fails if that is turned on.

Also let me know what your Vera Serial # is … so I can look in the Server Logs.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:28, topic:197210”]By any chance have you configured your Vera as “Secure” (User and Account Info → Unit Settings) ?
I have been told that connectivity fails if that is turned on.[/quote]

It shows a greyed out box with a tick in it next to “Secure Your Vera”, but when I click on the box it says “Confirmation required
By enabling this option you will not have local access to your Vera. You will only be able to access your Vera through relay. Are you sure you want to continue?
” at which point I cancel out. So although the box has a tick in it, the fact that both the box and tick are grey I gather means it’s not enabled.

If you mean going to https://192.168.1.74:8989/ and going down to the section called “Vera Devices” and clicking on the button called “Connectivity”, then I get a response that reads: Successfull bi-diretional connectivity (that’s the spelling it’s got BTW).

The serial number is 45202318

just noticed a new update was released to support UI7 mixed case names. That probably explains why my connectivity to Vera servers was failing. Installing update now, and will report back.

EDIT: Latest update did indeed fix my issue!

Just a heads up in case your servers are running hard…

My commands to Google Home are working (eg Vera is turning on or off the lights), but Google Home then responds with Vera Concierge isn’t responding right now. Please try again later.

Just a quick question/clarification

My home network was recently changed from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.178.x due to a new router. I’ve got the Raspberry Pi connected to my new Wi-Fi and it’s been given the new address etc and now when I go to https://:8989, I can connect.

I thought that I hadn’t touched this since I had only a Google Home but now have a number of Google Home Minis and “Groups” which now appear on this page under the heading “Google Cast Devices”. I thought I had better click on “Update Vera Concierge Server Cloud” just to make sure everything worked ok.

This takes me to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and under “Associated Vera Controllers” it shows my Vera unit name, my account name and a Connectivity button. When I click on this button, I get the message:

Can't talk to your local concierge server. Check the connectivity on your local Concierge Server

Am I getting that message because of “Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent!” or is it something I still need to do since the Raspberry Pi has a new IP address?

Thanks in advance.

@madmax. The connectivity test button still works for me. So, you are having another issue. Unfortunately, I would only being throwing out wild guesses on how to fix but it sounds like the connectivity test is still looking for your old IP. On mine, I had to tweak my firewall rules to point to my new internal IP address for VC.

Hi

Any answer to my question I posed in the last paragraph? I don’t think it’s my firewall as I didn’t have to do anything when the IP address of the Raspberry pi was 192.168.1.x so not sure what else I need to do now it’s IP address is 192.168.178.x

EDIT:

Hey guys,

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the security certificate.

When I go to :8989, it shows (Not Secure) https://(IP Address of PI):8989/

I have clicked on the UnSecureWeb tab and downloaded the certificate and installed it as both “current user” and “Local” machine" in the following locations: Trusted Root Certification Authorities and also the sub-directory “Registry”.

My web browser (chrome) still shows as unsecure.

personally, I don’t let it bother me … as long as its local I don’t really care I haven’t even installed the certificate, just my opinion, maybe irrelevant but