Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag

@Bobone

Release notes are under Official Announcements, here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,121477.0.html

What flash mode issues are you referring to?

[quote=“Sorin, post:203, topic:198800”]@Bobone

Release notes are under Official Announcements, here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,121477.0.html

What flash mode issues are you referring to?[/quote]

1. Confusing: what is 7.29 vs FW 1.7.4001 on VeraPlus?

2. “Flash Mode” is a FGS-223 function that enables it to flash every x seconds for y seconds independently of the controller and thus reducing traffic/problems. Especially important in alarm situations.
    This works perfectly with other controllers such as HomeSeer and Fibaro and has been diagnosed by Fibaro and Vera teams as a Vera controller problem.
    Most likely linked to the security protocols that have caused the lags. The flashing starts but is shut down by (excessive) Vera commands.
    It would make sense to test this NOW before the release.

Many thanks,

Bob

How did the testing go?

12 posts were split to a new topic: Possible Fibaro FGS-212 Issues

VeraEdge and all our controllers do support secure mode by default, with all devices, and it works just fine with the vast majority of devices on the market. In fact, this has been the issue, to begin with, when included in “secure mode”, this device has delays.

These devices are just a small exception from the rule, and this is our take on solving this, for our customers.

So what do you mean? FGS-223 will not be supported in secure mode?

that’s unfortunate. I simply won’t re-pair all my 20+ FGS 223. if I have to start from scratch, I will invest my time into moving to another platform.
it’s very unfortunate that after 2+ years the solution to this problem is subpar. I understand you don’t want to create a special case for this product, but your solution, while acceptable from a practical point of view, is not satisfactory from a technical one.

FIbaro FGS-212 discussions have been moved here:

What does this mean:
“Please wait! Getting secure classes”. I thought the fix was to not have the secure classes…

Pls don’t tell me that you did not do testing…?

Upgrade does not work. Same problem. WTF!?

HOW can I tell if it is in non secure mode?
How can I change?

Good Morning. Any news on this subject?

For me it works great after updating to 7.0.29 and excluding + re-including all of my FGS-223s. There’s a bunch of talk about it, including some possible ways of doing it without loosing all the automation linked to the devices in this thread:

No real news. Flash mode still does not work.
Vera/Mios has gone back to the bunker mentality of not responding to requests…

I don’t think it’s just gonna work all of a sudden. If ever it would probably be in another update, which given the rate of updates lately might be a while…

Is this resolved? I have the latest firmware on my vera plus. My second channel works but I have the “Can’t detect device” message only on this channel.

Yes, but you need to pair it again.

1 Like

I see. Pretty sure I did that after the latest VP firmware but I will try again. Thanx

to me still the same

When I updated the FW, the message returned. Each time I update the firmware I need to exclude and include the device. It’s silly, can’t they fix a permanent solution?

Set to automatically configure to off, and you should be good.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.