Fibaro FGMS-001 motion Sensor problem

Pairing the Fibaro FGMS-001 motion sensor which is supported by Vera Plus UI7, created a device named “_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)” without any functionality.
I repeated the pairing procedure ,factory reset etc., but this device is always is created in devices page in addition to the normal 3 other devices for motion temp and lux…
Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying indication ?
Thanks in advance

Hello,

Please know that I have created a ticket for your issue. I would ask you to check your inbox and let us know with the required information so we may help you.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I got the same issue

1 Like

I got the same issue, only temperature and lux is discovered but no motion and has some weird generic IO sensors

[quote=“stziak, post:1, topic:200296”]Pairing the Fibaro FGMS-001 motion sensor which is supported by Vera Plus UI7, created a device named “_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)” without any functionality.
I repeated the pairing procedure ,factory reset etc., but this device is always is created in devices page in addition to the normal 3 other devices for motion temp and lux…
Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying indication ?
Thanks in advance[/quote]

Hello Jcl,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you please create a support ticket for the issue ? You can do that from here https://support.getvera.com/ and on the right side, you have to press on “Contact Us”.

Thanks.

Can I just add that I am having similar problems with the 3 FGMS-001 sensors that I have however when I try to re-pair them with my vera plus I get “Failed to setup security” even though the sensor is sitting right next to the unit.

A couple of times I have got past this stage and it creates the 3 entries that I would expect and then sticks at “Waiting for wakeup to configur device”. If I click the sensor button 3 times to wake the sensor up I then get “Please wait! Getting secure classes” and then goes back to “Waiting”

Hello Sheepdip,

Have you tried to exclude, factory reset the device and then re-include it again ? If not, please do so

Did anyone find a solution to this? Yes, I have tried the factory reset etc.
I have a second (identical) sensor that is OK. Strange!
Firmware 1.7.4452. The second OK device was added under an earlier version of the firmware.

Hello,

FGMS001 - has a builtin vibration sensor (“_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)). This is mostly used as a temper alarm, however, if necessary you can change its settings to detect earthquakes.
Go to the main motion sensor > advanced options > and change 24-Tamper operating modes (0-2) from 0 to 1.

My motion detectors are from Ecolink, but I do have Fibaro Flood sensors which have a tamper alarm. Perhaps these can also be changed to detect earthquakes using a similar route.