Fibaro RGBW Controller

Have anyone tried to connect a 0-10v sensor? Do they show up automatic, or do you have to include the RGBW over again. I’m just wondering if they really are ‘plug & play’?

I’m new to vera but thanks to this forum i have been able to setup some devices with my vera light (4in1, roller shutter, kfob, dimmers, switches).
I am struggling to get the Fibaro RGBW to work as a sensor.
What I would like to do is attach a light sensor and wind sensor (both supply 0…10V in reference to light level or wind speed) to the RGBW inputs. After initial setzup RGBW shows up as 6 devices (all as dimmers) which I don’t get. 1 parent device (the one with the power reading) and 4 child devices (each RGBW) would make sense to me.
I configured the parent device as specified in this manual

Parameter 6 set to 0, Parameter 14 set to DEC: 34952 which is supposed to be “All inputs as IN (0-10V sensors)”.
Device Options tab shows that the values have been taken on correctly, but the devices still show up as dimmers with status ON at 100% dim level (I did several reloads/reboots). I measured the voltage betweet GND and IN1, it is 10V which is consistant with 100% ON status. Attaching the wind sensor leads to a drop in voltage to 5V between GND and IN1 at no wind (should be 0V).
The wind sensor itself works fine, out voltage is 0V to >0V whenever i start blowing.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Peter

its not stated in manual that RGBW controller needs to be re-included when changing the inputs.
parameter 6 will set the device to the NORMAL 6 dimmer setup (default), the other options do not work since vera does not have a color_control_set. it would require the colorwheel and some additional settings on the vera to make this work. the MAIN device is more or less the same as e1 as it does dim the other 4 RGBW outputs. its how parent/child devices work on vera. normally the controller should make the parent device invisible and start with e1 but then it wont show the energyconsumption. something tells me its not correct. like the 2x1.5kw switch changed with latest firmware for vera it should be. this needs to be changed in the zwave_products_sys.xml
set parameter 8 to 1
set parameter 43 to 1
i guess you have the parameter 14 not correct, this needs to be on setting 8 = 1000 >if RGBW mode is chosen then 4 channels are identical.
did you set this to 4 bytes HEX and 8888 in the MAIN device options ?
i think its missing the parameter that is used in the homecenter2 for setting the threshold for the 0-10v, it seems this is set to 5V and not 10V
also … when set to IN (8888) the control on the vera is overided and cannot be used.
havent figured out the animation programs yet. wonder what these do. manual is bit confusing.

Da_JoJo, thank you for your answer.
I set the parent device to the settings you suggested (vera shows they have been taken on correctly), reincluded the RGBW and waited / relaoded / rebooted.
No change in appearance. How is a input supposed to show up in vera? At least I would expect the voltage reading to show up on the input devices …

no idea. since RGBW controller is steered directly by the input from ur wind sensor and thus the controls on vera are not working… i guess it wont show up at all. which sucks offcourse… also i found that having a normal RGBW controller connected to the inputs made it get 0-12V which is above the 10V it can handle. works though when u dont put it that high in luminosity so it wont reach the 12V but still sucks a lot as there is no control from vera then and makes the device sorta not usefull. i wonder if there should be a generic_IO device appear or not. i have no idea frankly. it would be nice if it would show at least a temperature or windspeed or whatever eventhough you’re not able to control it from vera.

Hi,

I’m planning on using an RGBW Controller with some RGBW strip. I’ve not selected my switches yet. And although I’ve got the PDF guide from the Fibaro product page (Wireless Smart Home and Home Automation | FIBARO) I admit I don’tunderstand it all quite yet!

I’ll code scenes in LUA - and I imagine that’ll be ‘interesting’ to get to grips with this particular device - but how can the device be controlled manually, with wall switches?

• on/off (resuming to previous colour and brightness levels?)
  • dimming all channels together? I can imagine a row of 4 on/off/on momentary switches to dial individual RGBW levels separately, but I’ve not seen reference to on/off/on switches in the PDF.
  • dimming individual channels up/down?

Or, is level/dimming only available for control by the RGBW over Z-Wave, with only on/off status of each channel controllable by switches?

So what control actions are available, to what types of switches?

cheers,
Ben

Does anyone here have experience of controlling the RGBW device with wall switches?

what do you want to know ?

wit wall push buttons, perfect, each channel is commanded by one entry
I works also by assigning s2 of a fgd211, in this case, it acts as a global dimmer on all channels

I would like to know…
(1) whether the unit works with retractive, toggle or on/off/on (3-position retractive) switches.
(2) if control of each channel is on/off only or if switch control of each channel includes dimming.

Added some RGBW control of my house exterior today. Really nice. The list has been placed in a aul-profile that focuses the light on house and ground. Will install the same on other side of house as well.

Link to purchased stuff:

2xTransformer:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CE-RoHS-waterproof-series-IP67-24v-dc-250w-power-supply-for-outdoor-220VAC-input-230-122/728085460.html

6x5m RGBW led list:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5050-single-row-RGB-3IN1-W-RGB-3IN1-WW-RGB-3IN1-Y-RGB-3IN1-A24V-DC/718861675.html

Alu profile:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-aluminum-profile/1143601247.html

@hek - That looks great. I hadn’t thought of that application.

Thanks for posting your pictures and parts list. Looks like another project just got added to my list!

I would like to know…
(1) whether the unit works with retractive, toggle or on/off/on (3-position retractive) switches.
(2) if control of each channel is on/off only or if switch control of each channel includes dimming.[/quote]

1. I didn’t test, but using a toggle button for a dimmer is weird… it will be very special to operate…
  2. long press= dim, short press = on/off

How does it know if ‘long press’ is DIM UP or to DIM DOWN?

example:

1 click, turn on the light at previous level (or not, it’s a settings)
1 long press dim dow during the pressing
release the button
1 long press dim up the light
1 click, turn off hte light

almost all press dimers act like this

Assuming we’re talking about a 2-position retractive/momentary switch we’re talking about (i.e. off/rest position and on/depressed) - and I hold down the switch so it dims down to 50% level - and I then release the switch. If I then long-press again, how does it know whether it’s DIM UP (say, to 75%) which I want, or DIM DOWN (say, to 25%)?

If we’re talking about a 3-position on/off/on momentary switch - then fine, I totally understand how this would work. And that would be great - that’s exactly how I’d like the device to function. But the guide doesn’t specify on/off/on momentary switches, it only mentions ‘momentary’. I’m just not following how this is achieved with a simple momentary switch. Unless the behaviour is that DIM DOWN continues until the minimum level is achieved - and then a subsequent long-press would DIM UP until the maximum brightness is achieved. Is that the behaviour?

[quote=“Ben, post:55, topic:175646”]Assuming we’re talking about a 2-position retractive/momentary switch we’re talking about (i.e. off/rest position and on/depressed) - and I hold down the switch so it dims down to 50% level - and I then release the switch. If I then long-press again, how does it know whether it’s DIM UP (say, to 75%) which I want, or DIM DOWN (say, to 25%)?

If we’re talking about a 3-position on/off/on momentary switch - then fine, I totally understand how this would work. And that would be great - that’s exactly how I’d like the device to function. But the guide doesn’t specify on/off/on momentary switches, it only mentions ‘momentary’. I’m just not following how this is achieved with a simple momentary switch. Unless the behaviour is that DIM DOWN continues until the minimum level is achieved - and then a subsequent long-press would DIM UP until the maximum brightness is achieved. Is that the behaviour?[/quote]

if you want to dim up, you push the button, if the light is diming down, release, then re-push
as simple as that.
Usually, you will turn full on the lamp, then push to dim down (if it’s too bright) and release when it’s ok. the next push will be diming up (probably because the diming was too much)

Hi all,
Just recieved and successfully included my first Fibaro RGBW module. RGB controls works great.

But I’m unable to get “programs” working. Fibaro call program kind of stored sequences of light like (fireplace, storm, rainbow, police, …).
Does anybody find a way to launch those programs ?

In the manual, I’ve found :
72. Starting predefined program when device set to work in
RGB/RGBW mode (parameter 14) - relevant for main
controllers other than Home Center 2 only.
Default setting:
1-10
animation program number
Parameter size:
1[byte]

It seems that creating a variable under the “device option” tab of the main Fibaro module is not the right way.
It end with “failed at setting user configuration”.

Any help will be appreciated.

tried setting another variable under the last one and set it to monitor ?
seems something goes not 100% well when u set parameters in vera… have the same problem with my duo-switch and this seem to solve it. you can also try to put it in lua in a scene. so u can choose to start different programs. i think its a momentary switch thing and gets overriden when anything else is inputted (like setting luminosity level or turn on/off)
i like to get this too, but i have no time to test :-\
edit:
ok … could not resist ::slight_smile: … so you have to set the rgbw controller to rgb or rgbw mode and probably rainbow mode… parameter 14 to 4 byte hex 3333 and parameter 72 to 1 byte 1-10 and parameter 73 to 1 byte 1 and use triple click to start favourite program… didnt test as i have no time and no spare momentary switch… lemme now how it went on

@hek that is a neat solution, looking great. i might consider getting one too ;D

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry but I’m not familiar with advanced settings so I just want to confirm I understand it right.

Tried to set param14 to 4byte hex : 3333 but ended with “failed settings user config”.
Tried 2byte hex and got a weird value. 2byte dec seem to be accepted and show 3333 as actual value.

Param72 was on 1byte hex with value 1. Also tried value 4 and 5 because I don’t know existing scene number.

Also changed Param 73 to 1byte hex value 1 (as I don’t have physical switch connected to the rgbw module (only a rgb strip)).

I never had a “program” starting up with any of the settings above.
Is it normal to have param14 in dec and param72 and 73 in hex ?

Thanks for your help.

@Thomasss

Seem that you have to connect a switch to start the “program” according to Da_JoJo.
Its a pity … I don’t have any physical switch either. Would be cool to start the “police” program if a burgler enters the house…