Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor not repoting correctly

I have a couple of Fibaro’s UBS tied to my alarm, entries, etc.

They work very well, but from time to time one in particular is missing a change. I’m out of town and my wife reported me that the door sensor attached to UBS is reporting it as opened, when in fact it’s closed. She tried to open/close again, but the sensor did not reported its change. I know it’s working ok, but from time to time (say: one time every 15-20 days) it missed a report.

I tried to login remotely and I found that it’s tripped. I manually changed its value and it’s working OK. Since I’m on a completely different time zone (I’m in USA right now and I’m based in Europe) it is causing some problems, since we’re basically shifted and I can’t help when she need me. Anyway, is there a way to “force” a sync of this kind of devices, so I know its status is always sync’ed? A special Zwave command or similar? I disabled polling and the device is literally 20 cm away from the Vera Hub. Thanks to anyone having an idea about this situation.

Hello,

I have opened a support ticket for you in regards to this issue.

Please check and send your reply through the email that we’ve sent.

Have a great day.

[quote=“Radhawan, post:2, topic:206055”]Hello,

I have opened a support ticket for you in regards to this issue.

Please check and send your reply through the email that we’ve sent.

Have a great day.[/quote]

@Radhawan, Nice try!

@therealdb, would you please send me or Radhawan a private message with your email address? We cannot contact you on your Forum one as it says it’s invalid or cannot deliver messages to it.

Or just send us an email from your main email address, the support email is : support@getvera.com, you can either email us the Link to this topic or just include your issue inside.

As a temporary thing, you may try to actually poll the device since it’s USB connected, it should do it and update variables properly, if not try to change the Wake-up time to a lower value and make it “wake up” more frequently, usually a manually Wake Up would be enough if it’s that close to the controller, but it may be harder to do if you aren’t at the location.

cheers.

Thanks for your reply. I will check my e-mail.
The device is literally 20 cms from the vera, so polling should be OK.
I’ll try to do it when getting off from the plane.
Thanks.

Hi , How did this go? I have the same problem with 2 Universal binary sensor. Im on 7.29. If I unplug them they work again for a while…
/MAttias

Polling fixed it for me.

Aha… they were both on 0 … changed to 1800 now… lets see… Thanx!

seems like it changes back to 0 even if I have entered 1800 and saved…

Am I doing it wrong?

Change it, reload luup and hard refresh your Browser.

Hmmm Every time I reload luup it changes back to 0 again…

Is http://XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:3480/data_request?id=reload
for reloading luup right?

Ive tried changing it in settings and advanced settings (polling settings)
/Mattias

That’s strange, unless you some code anywhere, it should not be set to 0 automatically. Try hard refreshing your browser (CLTR+F5) to be sure the UI isn’t showing an old value.

Hi i have tried several times. And reloaded the the page.

The only code i have entréer on my 7.0.29 that is related is rafale77 s code
That disables Polling to all NON Battery devices

@rafale77 got any clue?i cant enable polling on my My fibaro UBSensors… goes back to 0 all the time i change,Reload luup and reload page.

/ Mattias
for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
local var= luup.variable_get(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1”, “PollSettings”,k)
local bat = luup.variable_get(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1”, “BatteryLevel”,k)
if var ~= nil and v.device_num_parent== 1 and bat == nil then
if var ~= 0 then
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1”, “PollSettings”, “0”, k)
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1”, “PollNoReply”, “0”, k)
end
end
end

I don’t know why the variable would go back to 0. Are you sure you are not running that code again within a scene or in the startup lua code?

example of what it looks like on mine where I disabled polling for all my devices except for a handful, this being one of them:

Been running this for 3 months now.

1 Like

Aha, i run it in startup lua…
should it be somewere else?

The zwave Settings s look like this…
image|230x500

Yeah that would do it! Every time you reload luup, your variable gets reset to 0.
The lua code is meant to be run in the test lua section so it is run only once. Then you can go customize the polling for each device.
My zwave menu setting is like yours. I have been that way for years and couldn’t disable polling from that screen. I am now trying to figure out what this controller level attribute does.

Yes ! Now its glued in!
Big thanx @therealdb @rafale77

Its so nice to learn everything from you all veraGurus! .

/Mattias

1 Like