Fibaro Wall Plug b-button as scene controller?

Hi, I’ve been using my Fibaro Wall plugs for years, but only now noticed that the status of the light is not reported back to Vera immediately when using the small b-button on the devices themselves. The status is only somewhat later retrieved (through polling I guess). That’s a shame because I had planned to use the button to trigger a scene :slight_smile:
Is this by design (some sort of listen only)? Or is there a way to have it sent to my Vera immediately somehow? Would setting the polling at 5 seconds overload my z-wave network?

Thanks for any ideas :slight_smile:

Strange, on my Fibaro Wall plugs the feedback is instant (< 1s) as the Vera GUI updates from OFF > ON or vice versa.

I even have a Reactor event attached to this. When pressing the B-button on some lamp downstairs, several other will follow and go out to sleep :wink:

1 Like

Okay, interesting! That is without direct associations i assume?
And did you customize the settings for the plugs (polling especially)? Thanks!

No polling tuning, in fact you don’t want to poll too much, I think at most 1x per minute or something is the value here.
What do you mean with direct association ? In the variables sub-menu, there is no values for ConfiguredAssoc

The plug is detected as a : urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

Thanks, I’ll go and try out some more.

Could this be related to the version and/or z-wave plus? Mine is an older model, the FGWPE/F-101 which doesnt’t have z-wave plus.

Mine neither (have them many years already before zwave “plus” even existed) , I quickly checked on the side of the plug FGWPE/F-101 just like yours.

Same experience :slight_smile: