Finding out scenes that a device is active in

I am trying to get an overview of which scenes my devices are part of. That is not as easy as I’d like, at least not by any means I have discovered. Going from a device and using the section Scenes would be good, but it does not work if a device is listed in a Delayed action in a scene. Is that a bug or am I missing something? Does anyone know of any better way to get an overview of all scenes on a Vera device?

Hello,
Is a bug. Could you please tell us the platform you use and the app version?
Thank you

Hi @jerval53.

if you are using UI7 and accessing your Vera locally using a browser (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome etc etc) then you can open a new browser tab/window and use the following url to list all the scenes :-

http://Your.Vera.IP.aadress:3480/data_request?id=objectget&key=scenes&output_format=xml

with the appropriate IP address for you Vera.

This will produce a list of all your scenes, with the devices identified by their device number (device =“##”) where ## is the device number.

This list will include actions subject to delay.

Addition to post: See this post for how to get a Simple list of devices including device number.

I’m on Vera Plus, version 1.7.4453

I think you’ll find this code came originally from here (May, 2013!!)…

Hi @akbooer,

sorry for not noting the original source of the code, but actually the version I quoted came from your October 2017 post https://community.getvera.com/t/complete-list-of-device-s-and-node-ids/175535/18. I am not sure why but on my Vera Plus this version also lists some hidden devices that are not shown in the earlier version of the code. I had created a scene containing the Lua code to make it easy to use and then forgot where I had originally found it. Now that I have been reminded of the original source of the code I have attempted to edit my 04 Dec post to link to the source of the code but at present the forum is not letting me.

No problem at all! I was just noting the very great age of this piece of code.

It is, though, a problem with any forum like this that the provenance of various memes is distinctly hard to verify and acknowledge. But that wasn’t the point in this instance!

It’s also a bit of a hazard when poor pieces of code get handed around as noted recently here:

But I digress. Sorry to interrupt the OP’s thread.

AK

Hi @jerval,

I am also on a Vera Plus with firmware 7.0.29 (1.7.4453) and in my case when I go to “Devices >” and look at the settings (“>”) for a particular device there are various headings below the device status icons - “Settings >”, “Advanced >”, “Device Options >”, “Logs >”, “Notifications >” and “Scenes >”. Clicking on the last one “Scenes >” I also see all the scenes that make use of the device, including those making use of delays. This is consistent with what I see using the list as per my post above https://community.getvera.com/t/finding-out-scenes-that-a-device-is-active-in/211430/3

Against each of the scenes listed there is then a further “>” which takes me to a screen giving details of the scene.and under “Step 2: Device Actions” there is a list of all the actions and corresponding devices, including those triggered by delayed actions.

Hi @markfh,
Good for you! It does not work for me. I wonder that the difference is? My scene has 4 groups of actions, Immediately, 5 min delay, 8 min delay and 12 min delay. The behavior is very reproducible, if I move a device to Immediatly it shows up, otherwise not

Hi @jerval53, the scene I was trying has the same device acted on both immediately and also after 1m 10s - it switches a light on for 70 seconds. I tried deleting the immediate action from the scene but the scene still remained listed under the “Scenes >” heading under devices. I then tried adding a second device with a different delay and this time the second device did NOT list the scene under the “Scenes >” heading under “Devices” However, even in this case the device was identified in the the particular scene in the list of scenes as per my post above https://community.getvera.com/t/finding-out-scenes-that-a-device-is-active-in/211430/3