Flood sensor issue

Hi all,

I want to monitor a water tank for low water… when the tank is low, I want to send out a message. It’s actually an auto top-off tank for a fish tank. When the water level in the top-off tank is low, I want to send out a message so that someone (e.g. me) can fill it back up. I placed the sensor near the bottom of the tank.

I am using a new AEON water sensor to accomplish this. I setup a scene to send out a notification when the sensor stops detecting a flood. When the sensor stops detecting a flood, this means that the tank water level is low obviously.

There are two issues:

1. when the tank is low and the sensor detects no water, it send out a flurry of messages. I had to set the limit of daily notifications to 5 to get around this. I also thought about disarming the sensor in the scene 30 seconds or later, but this seems kind of non-optimal.
  2. sometimes it appears that the sensor stops transmitting and vera detects this as an out of water event and sends out a false message. I have used this sensor without issue to detect floods (which is probably the more conventional use model), but it seems to be problematic in this configuration where I want it to detect no water.

My goal is simple: notify me once (let’s say a maximum of once per day) of an out of water event in this tank. How can I best accomplish this in light of the above issue?

Thanks.

There are many ways to do this, using a scene, PLEG, with a possible virtual switch or Vera Alerts.

The scene should be easiest. When it stop detecting a flood, it would send a notification.