Font size of code inserts in posts

The font size of code inserts seems unreasonably large, especially compared to the old forum.

For example, you used to be able to fit a line like this into a window without scrolling on the old system:

local tripped_bedroom = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 32)

Any possibility to change this for the better?

0 Likes

I’ve slightly increased the post screen width size so the “white” to “content” ratio is 75% for content now.
This should also give you more screen real estate for the code snippet. Code size just for the “code snippets” has too many dependencies as far as I can tell and it might break/make look awkward some other text locations. I’ll see what I can do about this.

I don’t want to stretch this too much as I’m not sure if this will break anything for small screens. I will keep an eye on this.
If you guys notice any buttons overlaps or similar, please let me know.

Before:

After:

1 Like

Managed to make just the “code” snippet a tad smaller.
That’s about the smallest it can get so it doesn’t cause any weird complications.

0 Likes

I’ve just been watching the first post on this page and the size of the code insert has been jumping around.

This was you playing?

0 Likes

yeah :slight_smile: did you saw that even “smaller” version?

0 Likes

Yes, loved it!

Did that break something else?

0 Likes

yes, it was barely visible on mobile devices. So I had to pick this “mid-way”

0 Likes

Fair enough. Thanks for trying!

0 Likes

Not that I ever use it, but how would I insert a code snippet?

Cheers

C

0 Likes

You can use the preformatted text </> or blockquote (") buttons at the top of the composing box

Blockquote

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Preformatted works best, because it forces a fixed-width font which works best for code.

AK

0 Likes

is this a code snippet?

Like that?

Cheers

C

0 Likes

You can also do a code block by putting three backticks (```) on a line by itself before and after the code. You can also specify language on the start line (e.g. ```lua) to get syntax highlighting.

local var = luup.variable_get( "urn:example-com:serviceId:Blahblah1", "Variable", 23 )
if var == "test" then
    luup.log( "It's a test!" )
end
2 Likes

Thanks for telling the proper way to do it!

I’m sure I knew that once, but it had fallen through the gaps somehow. I guess if you don’t use it, you lose it…

1 Like