šŸ“ˆ Forum activity check

Speaking as a former ā€œTop 10 Posterā€ (that was nearly 10 years ago, back when we were all moaning about new UI releases and sundry bugs), Iā€™m very happy with my once-a-week summary of new posts.

I like the new forum format and the (overall) positivity it seems to engender. In fact, I actually get a bit excited by new content now, since I figure it means something constructive has been added.

The rest of the time, I just sit on my hands and enjoy how my VeraPlus is operating now, confident in the knowledge that the ā€œfolks in chargeā€ are dreaming up new and better ways for the unit to interact with the world. #IFTTTin2019 #ecobeeNative #etc

:slight_smile:

20 new posts since 6 daysā€¦

1 interesting message from Melih about new hardware (firmware on existing veraā€™s as well) that gives me a little hope (a very little).

The ā€˜Newā€™ category is confusing indeed. It only shows the new topics and that is not so much indeed. Replies to existing topics only show in latest. I now go to latest until I see the red horizontal line that indicate what I should have seen during the previous visit.

2 Likes

BTW latest wonā€™t show you new topicsā€¦

C

After a long time of monitoring this forum I must say this is more dead than aliveā€¦ I have about 1-3 topics a day and about max to 5 replies to existing topics a day (on average). The old forum had a lot more interactionā€¦

I hope this is due to the ramp up of the new forumā€¦

Thereā€™s a lot of interaction you donā€™t see. The dev chatter is pretty high right now, which is really cool. Weā€™ve got Vera staff on here interacting with us, keeping pace with us message for message as we work through questions, issues, etc. The Atom Beta generated a lot of traffic you would not see unless you were a participant. As for the rest of the community, maybe people just donā€™t have questions. Maybe itā€™s easier for them to find answers here than search the previous site. But there has always been an ebb and flow, even in the old forums. Some days are hot, some are not.

1 Like

No idea how youā€™re missing all this stuff.

Iā€™ve got 3 threads with unread posts in the last 30 minutes or so.

I probably post more than 5 times a day on my ownā€¦

C

looking solid but here are a lot more factors to a healthy community other than the number of posts and topics.

quality of content, daily engaged users, new contributors, numbers of signups among other things. and they are all in a crescendo since the transition.

weā€™re also adding more vera staff into the community

1 Like

In the last 3 hours Iā€™ve got 12 new posts on several threads and one new threadā€¦

C

1 Like

I can guarantee you that the new FW and the GH integration will boost the post rateā€¦

1 Like

Where do you see new posts? I have 1 new topic and one post (this thread)

If I go to latest I see attached. Counting 10-12 replies this day?

It depends on how many threads you subscribe to. The more topic you post in, the more you will subscribe to. If you want to see all the new posts, you can go to the ā€œlatestā€ section and see all the updated threads now called topics. The 10-12 are not reply counts but topics which got a reply. Many got much more than 1. The ezlo devs and users tagged developers also have a private section which is very active at the moment with all the testing going on where we update one another about our findings and suggestions.

It is definitely picking up. Not as many posts daily as in the past, but seems there is increased interest.

13 posts in 6 topics overnight

C

Yes, same here. But I have to go to latest manually and then click all topics to ā€œfindā€ them. The previous forum was more intuitive there.

It was
I think I managed to subscribe to loads of threads. I have a link to ā€˜Latestā€™

I did have a longish discussion with Sorin about the insanity of new threads not being shown as ā€˜un-readā€™ and I totally agree the old software was far more sensible in that respect but meh.

C

1 Like

Sorry Vera, I think this forum is dead. As well as the support mailbox?

I look at the same interval on https://community.home-assistant.io/ and there about 40-80 topics per 6 hours are postedā€¦ here 0-1ā€¦

I sent about 5 reminders to the support mailbox last week, but no replyā€¦

Oh Vera, whatā€™s happening?

iu

A picture is worth a thousand words. Letā€™s just hope vera gets back up after the fallā€¦
A lot is hinging around the pace of updates and releases and I must confess is much too slow. We all get excited and then nothing comes outā€¦ (sorry Atom doesnā€™t count, much too underwhelming) I know progress have been made behind the scene but itā€™s too little too late. Much more needs to be released more frequently for the forum to come alive.

That picture, it says so muchā€¦ :laughing:

Iā€™m trying to identify your requests and have the team pick this up. Sorry about this.

We all know what happens when things are rushed but it doesnā€™t mean it shouldnā€™t be faster.