Foscam FI8910W Camera Image No Longer Shows Up In Automator.app

I didn’t notice it until recently, but my Foscam camera no longer shows up in Automator.app. I initially purchased the app (which is the most current version) to remedy another issue I was having with my Yale deadbolt under iVera. After downloading the Automator.app, I saw the Foscam camera did show up along with all its options (pan, tilt, patrol…etc).

Just recently however, when I opened Automator.app, I now just see “Device (null)” with a blank area where the camera image should be. When I click on the camera, I’m taken to another screen where I can see the camera options (left, right, up, down…etc), but again, no image of what the camera is seeing. I’m not sure how this happened because I haven’t changed any of the camera options. I can see the camera image just fine in the Vera dashboard, through the iVera iPhone app and through other camera iPhone apps I have. I just can’t see the camera under Automator.app any longer, when initially I could. I’m disappointed now because I was hoping to use Automator.app to replace iVera as my go-to iPhone app since iVera is no longer really supported.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to make the camera image show up? I’m using the FoscamPTZ.xml plugin/file and D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml (instal of D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml since that file prevents me from viewing the camera through my iPhone apps like iVera and Automator.app). Thanks for the help!

Have you updated to the most current version of the app 1.5.25? It works just fine with the Foscams and D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml. I have three of FI8910ws.

Just saw you have most current version. Not sure what the issue could be.

Hey Trosky40;

Thanks for the reply anyway. So you use D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml and it shows up fine under Automator.app? Should I try using the"2" file over"1"? I wasn’t getting the camera to show under “2” at first, and it was in fact showing up under “1” in both iVera and Automator.app initially… now I can only can’t get the image under Automator.

Recent versions of Automator.app can handle DigitalSecurityCamera:1 and :2. If you have been changing the deviceId I’d recommend doing a clean install of Automator.app and see if you still have the issues.

For the Foscams I would recommend using the :2 as Vera prefers. The other apps may not support it but they did change the device identifier for a reason.

@ automator.app: Thanks! A simple reinstall did the trick. I re-opened the app and I saw the camera immediately. It works for me under DigitalSecurityCamera1 & 2, so for now I left it on two so that the camera shows up in my older iVera app which isn’t updated to work with DigitalSecurityCamera2. Thanks for the help!

Bump. I had the same issue today and uninstall/reinstall did the trick.