foscam

Great software HOME Buddy

Is there a way to stream the cam instead of an actual still image that you have to refresh?

Thanks!

Sorry, right now no, but it’s on my list.

FYI, v0.28 now supports streaming.

The latest doesn’t appear to support panning the camera, where the old one did… Is this a known issue?

It should as you would see in my demo video: Home Buddy v0.28 - YouTube

I have a Panasonic BL-131A so I’m sure it works with that… is yours a Foscam? Other users have been having problems streaming with Foscam and UI5, are you saying you have it streaming but can’t pan?

Panasonic BL-C210…

Camera panning used to work with tapping the edges of the image… Has that changed? I haven’t seen the video, and I use an Acer A500 tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich.

FYI, Tapping on the image since v0.28 puts you in the camera streaming view. Once there, you can pan by tapping on any of the edges - N,S,E,W, and even corners – NE, NW, SE, SW

hey rakstar… first of all… great app!!!

my foscam wont even stream… it shows de message “Unable to get camera info (Unable to retrieve camera information)”

tks

[quote=“p_ghas, post:8, topic:170622”]hey rakstar… first of all… great app!!!

my foscam wont even stream… it shows de message “Unable to get camera info (Unable to retrieve camera information)”

tks[/quote]

Vera seems to have problems constructing the stream URL for foscam cameras. If you know your camera’s device ID, try the following in your browser (doesn’t have to be on your Android device):

http://:49451/data_request?id=lu_camera_port&DeviceNum=

If accessing remotely, use one of the following instead:
https://fwd1.mios.com////data_request?id=lu_camera_port&DeviceNum=
https://fwd2.mios.com////data_request?id=lu_camera_port&DeviceNum=

Any of these URLs should give you back your camera’s stream URL. Clicking on the URL should take you to your video stream (works great in Chrome, not sure about other browsers).

If you don’t get your video stream, then Home Buddy won’t be able to either. You may want to try tweaking your camera settings in Vera to get the right stream URL. If you get it working, please post back. Good luck!

[quote=“rakstar, post:9, topic:170622”][quote=“p_ghas, post:8, topic:170622”]hey rakstar… first of all… great app!!!

tks[/quote]

Vera seems to have problems constructing the stream URL for foscam cameras. If you know your camera’s device ID, try the following in your browser (doesn’t have to be on your Android device):

“http://:49451/data_request?id=lu_camera_port&DeviceNum=”

Any of these URLs should give you back your camera’s stream URL. Clicking on the URL should take you to your video stream (works great in Chrome, not sure about other browsers).

If you don’t get your video stream, then Home Buddy won’t be able to either. You may want to try tweaking your camera settings in Vera to get the right stream URL. If you get it working, please post back. Good luck![/quote]

Thanks for the help Rakstar. Great app… I have made some progress on the Foscam streaming issue but I am stuck again. When I started, I was getting the same error as p_ghas: Unable to get camera info (Unable to retrieve camera information)

I played with it for a while and I realized that I had originally added my Foscam’s into Vera manually. As such, there was no field “DirectStreamingURL” under the Advanced tab. To correct this, I deleted the cameras, then went into Add New Device-> I want to add an IP camera->Add. Then while it was on the “Add IP camera” screen, I power cycled my cameras and waited until Vera refreshed and reported them as newly detected (this was not immediately obvious based on the instructions - or at least not explicit enough for me to be patient). When Vera finds the camera, then it had the DirectStreamingURL filed. However, still no streaming.

When I followed your directions to get the streaming camera address, I got the following “{“status”:“forwarded”,“url”:“http://:@:3482/videostream.cgi”}”

However, I noticed that it seems to be missing my Vera’s IP address. So I guessed that it should really look like this "{“status”:“forwarded”,“url”:“http://:@:3482/videostream.cgi”} "

Because, when I paste the latter from the http into my browser, I get a live feed from the camera. Any idea where in Vera I need to specify the Vera IP to get it to work. I’ve tried all the blank fields I can find in the camera settings but I don’t seem to be having any luck.

Right now Home Buddy gives me the error “Unable to stream video (Host name may not be null)” when I try to stream.

If you are running UI5 on your Vera this will not work. It appears that MCV removed the remote camera streaming function in UI5 and they have confirmed this. What this originally did was tunneled the feed through Vera to stream the footage.

• Garrett

Rakstar, your app is awesome!
I just got my foscam last night and just got it up and running today. I set it up through a ddns server and am using port forwarding. But I haven’t brought it into vera yet. Has anyone setup their ip camera in vera with an external web address? Would this still work in home buddy in ui5 because it doesn’t use vera’s servers?

It would require that the camera be added to Vera. The app uses vera to pull the information.

• Garrett

I too am jumping on the Foscam bandwagon and am hoping to get streaming working with HomeBuddy. Thee are two scenarios, one when local on my home LAN, and another when away on a remote network.

I’m trying to get the local LAN streaming to work, and I just get a black screen. Interestingly, I can access the PTZ functions by touching the edges of the screen on HomeBuddy, but no image seems to be streaming. It’s obviously talking to the camera.

There’s several threads about setting up the correct urls and port forwards. All I can tell for now is that the video streaming url to make the camera work in the MCV Web-GUI (local access) ends with /live.htm not /videostream.cgi.

Thanks
-Ted

If you are running UI5 remote streaming will not work as MCV has not fully implemented this feature back into UI5. Local streaming should work though.

• Garrett

I should have mentioned that I’m still on UI4

any chance of getting Homebuddy for the kindle?

I installed home buddy today and the foscam IP camera didn’t show up. Only the Foscam motion sensor show up under Home Buddy.

Is there anyway to make it display? I can see it in vera (vera 2 UI5 1.5.408) and tilt pan work correctly.

Thx

[quote=“bigmonkey70, post:18, topic:170622”]I installed home buddy today and the foscam IP camera didn’t show up. Only the Foscam motion sensor show up under Home Buddy.

Is there anyway to make it display? I can see it in vera (vera 2 UI5 1.5.408) and tilt pan work correctly.

Thx[/quote]

i am having the same problem. motion sensor shows up, but not the actual camera view.

HP Touchpad running CM9 Nightly (ICS) and I have the same issue. The camera’s work fine with AuthomationHD and the latest version of ImperiHome.