Found this on Kickstarter

This looks like a really nice way to convert manual blinds into motorised without the expense, now if only this was Z-Wave compatible!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/789589988/movemotorize-blinds-and-shades

Interesting concept. Should be called Moov instead of Move to stay in the Ikea vein. :slight_smile:
Itā€™s stated to have an open API so any HA controller with a BT radio should be able to control it if the right plugin is written.

Looked to good to miss out so I have signed up for 2

That makes 2 of us. I have a Wink controller (still in box) that has a Bluetooth radio. As Cybrmage is very responsive in expanding the plugin, Iā€™m pretty sure when an API becomes available there will be a way to get Vera to access this puppy.
Worst case since I use Android phones as wall controllers itā€™s easy enough to install their app on one and control it that way.

Update: Just got notified there are fully funded. With still 16 days to go. Worst case Iā€™m out $72, best case I get to control my blinds via Vera.

Please check out iBlinds on Kickstarter. iBlinds work with any 2" horizontal window blinds. We have performed test with several different Z-Wave Controllers including the a Vera Edge. The iBlind tilt motor pairs with the Z-Wave network as a light dimmer for complete compatibility. On/Off = Open/Close blinds and also use the value slider to control the tilt angle of the blinds.

Also check out the testing video on the campaign page, shows full 180 tilt now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-home-automation-for-your-window-blinds

Thanks

How can a bluetooth controlled MOVE be integrated into Vera? with plugin or some Bluetooth transceiver in the market?

I want to know this as well, they offer a wifi-bridge in the future, but I donā€™t want another bridge/hub in my house. Iā€™ve already too many (Vera Edge, Philips Hue, E-Thermostaat, Logitech harmony hub)

This one is a Zwave device:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-home-automation-for-your-window-blinds?ref=nav_search

the developer, iBlinds, posted the link to it 3 posts above yours.

Seems Move is quite popular, they went way past their extended goals and had to come up with new goodies to add. :slight_smile:
Since I donā€™t have Venetion blinds, the iBlinds solution wonā€™t work for me but the Move one will.

Ditto re: Move. Love to know how to integrate this.

Too bad iBlinds didnā€™t get funded. It really looked like the best thing out thereā€¦

[quote=ā€œjohnes, post:10, topic:188274ā€]Ditto re: Move. Love to know how to integrate this.

Too bad iBlinds didnā€™t get funded. It really looked like the best thing out thereā€¦[/quote]

iBlinds looked nice but I, and seems like many others, didnā€™t back it because is only works for Blindsā€¦ I have more shades (roll shades & corded cellular) than blinds.

If iBlinds had made an add-on for the device to work like MOVE does (as a replacement for the cord tensioner) they might have something big as it would work for all types of window treatments, in multiple methods.

This project got funded and moreā€¦ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/789589988/movemotorize-blinds-and-shades/posts/1362013

I didnā€™t back the MOVE project because it is bluetooth and I prefer ZWave or Wifiā€¦ but if it turns out to work well with Wink Iā€™ll be buying these

Move can only pull 7-8lb max (I asked them) so is not going to be able to raise lower the average slat blind only roman/roller shades.

MySmartBlinds is the iBlind equivalent, but also Bluetooth only. I am getting a few of both to try out (I have both kinds of blinds) I only care about a set schedule so integration with Vera was not a deal breaker for me. I have a Wink to if it eventually goes there that would be nice.

[quote=ā€œshallowearth, post:12, topic:188274ā€]Move can only pull 7-8lb max (I asked them) so is not going to be able to raise lower the average slat blind only roman/roller shades.

MySmartBlinds is the iBlind equivalent, but also Bluetooth only. I am getting a few of both to try out (I have both kinds of blinds) I only care about a set schedule so integration with Vera was not a deal breaker for me. I have a Wink to if it eventually goes there that would be nice.[/quote]

Iā€™d think 7-8lbs should be enough to ā€˜tiltā€™ blinds even if it wonā€™t raise them.

You would only be able tilt them with Move if you have a string mechanism for tilt, if you do then you might be in luck, mine are the wand style for tilt.

The latest on Move.

Because we have been sunked into piles of certification papers for the last weeks we havenā€™t had that much interesting to share, thatā€™s why there havenā€™t been that many updates.

We have now however done all we can at the moment with certification and have some interesting to show you!

The added buttons meant for us that we needed to make changes to all production files and the adding of buttons also made the plastic injection mould more complex and expensive to build. We made the calculations before telling you all that we should make buttons and we are pretty happy with how they turned out and hope you all also will think so. One thing we did not anticipate however was that this also made the delivery time longer for the plastic injection molds, but at the moment we still believe we will be able to start ship units in February. The attached pictures is showing the latest design of MOVE. We have been forced to do a minor change to the design because of regulations. In order to to add more cover to the reel we made plastic parts on the lid that the user can break of in the direction where the line or bead chain is going to run. The pictures are also showing the two types of wall brackets that will be supplied (there will be two of each of the types supplied with every MOVE) and as you can see you will be able to use these in every direction when you mount MOVE, making them very versatile and enabling many different types of installations. -MOVE team

Thanks for sharing the update on the MOVE.

Iā€™ve got a bunch of them coming, looking forward to integrating them in. Hopefully the new vera will have BLE all ready to go by then =).

bk

[quote=ā€œBOFH, post:15, topic:188274ā€]The latest on Move.

Because we have been sunked into piles of certification papers for the last weeks we havenā€™t had that much interesting to share, thatā€™s why there havenā€™t been that many updates.

We have now however done all we can at the moment with certification and have some interesting to show you!

The added buttons meant for us that we needed to make changes to all production files and the adding of buttons also made the plastic injection mould more complex and expensive to build. We made the calculations before telling you all that we should make buttons and we are pretty happy with how they turned out and hope you all also will think so. One thing we did not anticipate however was that this also made the delivery time longer for the plastic injection molds, but at the moment we still believe we will be able to start ship units in February. The attached pictures is showing the latest design of MOVE. We have been forced to do a minor change to the design because of regulations. In order to to add more cover to the reel we made plastic parts on the lid that the user can break of in the direction where the line or bead chain is going to run. The pictures are also showing the two types of wall brackets that will be supplied (there will be two of each of the types supplied with every MOVE) and as you can see you will be able to use these in every direction when you mount MOVE, making them very versatile and enabling many different types of installations. -MOVE team[/quote]

What a great idea.
Where will these be on sale?
Is there any future plans to include z-wave module with the ā€œMoveā€?

Thanks
N

How would these (move) integrate into vera?

Bluetooth on Vera plus?

Ohā€¦!