Found this on Kickstarter

[quote=“Slartibartfast”]Marc has said that if we want the MOVE adding to the list of bluetotth devices we want adding to Vera Plus we need to let them know how popular it would be (priorities).
If you would buy and use it let it be known!

Let this be vote number 1
I would use at least 4 of them[/quote]

At the price they list on Kickstarter, if sold at that price, I would use at least 3 of them if they worked with Vera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d be in for 6 to 12 if the price holds with Z-wave.

I am in on this and would pay a bit more even for a zwave version…

They have already said that z-wave will cost more but I am not sure how much.
The bluetooth version will be available first and I will give it a try if Vera can squeeze it in.
The bluetooth version also forms its own net which might be usefull for other bluetooth devices later.

I’d go for 2 z-wave enabled Move’s initially.

To all those clever bods out there. The Move team has just released the first batch of info on connecting and controlling the Move.
http://www.teptron.com/MOVE_UART_Commands_ver1.0.pdf

From this, is it possible to:

1. Include some lua into a scene to just control the Move
  2. Start building an app to include the Move into Vera properly.

Many years ago I may have been able to do this but I will admit those days are now gone.

Also on Indiegogo: MOVE-motorize blinds and shades | Indiegogo

Would love to buy, bluetooth looks like no problem to me if they can be controlled by the VeraPlus.

Guy, I think I commented on this device somewhere else in the forum; just because it is Bluetooth does not mean that it will work out of the box with the VeraPlus. Each and every Bluetooth and ZigBee device require essentially an individual drive to be created for it.

Hi Marc, i know that there has to be work done to get this device supported.
greetings Theo

We have another contender on KickStarter for this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jalousier/flipflic

Not due until January 2017 though

[quote=“mrv777, post:50, topic:188274”]We have another contender on KickStarter for this:

Not due until January 2017 though[/quote]
My main reason for liking the Move is that it will work for roman blinds too. There are lots of devices for roller, venetian and vertical blinds but very little for roman.
Also, it’s bad enough waiting for the Move and that is due soon. I can’t wait until next year.

[quote=“mrv777, post:50, topic:188274”]We have another contender on KickStarter for this:

Not due until January 2017 though[/quote]

Just wanted to add that they are saying they will support VeraPlus ZigBee integration if they get to $100,000 (Zwave if they get to $200,000):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jalousier/flipflic/posts/1539617

It’s a year out, but at half the cost of the next lowest solution I have found for my blind (MySmartBlinds). I’m going to try for 2 I think.

Who creates the driver? Is there a plan for that to be created? Curious, because I assumed (incorrectly) that the MOVE stuff would just work …

MIOS wil need to create the bluetooth driver. They already know of it but unless there is a big demand it won’t be that high up the priority list.

I am expecting mine soon (I hope) and I will be using them on their own programme and via light levels initially. Hopefully I can test any drivers for MIOS.
I will be inteested to see what happens just trying to include them anyway. Probably nothing but worth a go.

Waiting for on 2 as well. I’m thinking if I can use Tasker on one of my Android wall controllers to control these via their Android app? If so, AutoVera could link that back to Vera.

I have never used tasker but would be willing to give it a go if it works with these. Let me know when you try it.

Interesting thread.
Lots of new products coming out. I tend to like IBlinds the best as I am a wire guy and tend to go with the custom installed and less seen products the best but FipFlic doe look promising also.
Too bad IBlinds did not get funded. I have contacted the guys at IBlinds to see if they still plan to move forward with their product.

The one question I have and it seems that all of these product manufactures seem to avoid telling us is how loud are these little motors?
I realize they are not used all that often, like door locks, but like a loud electric door lock, I really do not want a loud motor waking me up when the sun comes up.
Anyone else have or seen a noise level rating on any of these?

IBlinds has a very similar configuration as the MySmartBlind product. I find they are a little noisier than I would prefer when open/closing. However they have a gradual tilt setting that opens or closes the blinds over a 5 minute period which is very quiet. I use that on schedules when I suspect I will be home so I don’t have to listen to the motor.

You saying Iblinds are noisier than my smart blind?

No, I have no idea how they compare noise wise. I have My SmartBlinds. They are very quiet on gradual tilt, they are a little noise if you are just open/closing them, you can definitely hear the motor, but it is not horrible.