Free graphs for your temp/power sensors

Time in reports is stored in UTC so what you are looking at is supposed to be your local time zone converted by your browser accordingly to your settings. There is simply no time zone there

Of course what could go wrong will always go wrong. Can you tell me exactly what you see and what you expect to see and on what graph/feed

Hi ipstas,

In both mobile and browser view, can you allow us or change the max/min values on the y-axis? For example, it’s difficult to see individual variable results on the graphs. While I know I can look at the feeds the graph itself is too scrunched.

Perhaps also allowing us or pre-set options to change the time range from 24 hours to 12 hour view. That would also prevent the graphs from being squished.

Hi ipstas, I noticed that after using the 3.24.2019 lua version you posted that when full screen or un-maximized in Chrome, the values of the graphs are on top of the options on the right side.

Thanks!

Can you post a pic? I am not sure

I’m unable to. I have been trying to upload a png to show you but something might not be right with the new site for me, it stays at 0% and never uploads. I’ll come back to you when its sorted.

@tomtcom Now you can scale the time period on a graph up/down

Looks good. I’ll play with it and write back. Thank you for this!

@ipstas Hello,

Thanks again for the options. Always appreciated.

1. I noticed that sometimes the left and right buttons will cause the graphs to be blank.
  2. If you hit the buttons either +/- or left/right to quickly they will no longer respond.
  3. the box that has 0 in between +/- always stays as 0. Maybe a scale indicator like 1x, 2x, or -1x or something to denote what you want.
  4. Upon refresh of the page none of the values you chose remain. I would like the settings to be pinned or saved for the constant view you always want.

Also, the graphs are back to overwriting the buttons on the right even if maximized.
Thank you!

Finally it uploaded the pic. I think Greenshot’s naming convention was too long of a file name.

@tomtcom Quick fix for empty graphs when out of limits of loaded data. The rest is a bit more complicated, will come later

Mobile chrome browser screenshot. Some odd overlaps on the left and right.

Also had to shorten the variable name to not be cut off on the right.

yes, mobile is not yet optimized that much. That overlapping should not happen

Ok no problem. Can you tell me in the pic above that has 8 in the +/- box for the time range. What do the numbers represent?

That’s number of readings currently on the graph. Default is 50 and this is why it looks so dense on mobile, the desktop version is OK with 50.
So the next version should have different # for mobile/desktop, also it should allow you to slide beyond 1 last day and automatically load more readings from the backend as you are sliding. Currently the Day graph is limited to past day and 50 readings.
But it is going to be a major update, will not happen too soon

@ipstas in the pic I see that the variable list of the temperature graph is in the opposite order of where the data points and color are.

Not sure how to ask this but could the variable names coincide or be near their associated data points? I know the values could spike so maybe dynamic placement of the variable names.

Do you mean the Y axis on the left and the var names on the right? And you would like to have names placed where the right end of the line associated with that var?
Did I get it correctly?

Supposedly you have a temp graph like this:

It is would be hard to place all these names and not have them interlapped

btw, that service much easier than to do a printscreen https://app.graffitiover.com/

So in that image you can see that some dots and variable names don’t match just like how I was explaining.

My opinion is to tag the last data point with the variable it is and the order.

So if that can’t really be done I’ll deal with it.

I’ll check on graffiti.thanks.

It is not easy, when you have more than few and they are ending in close proximity you have an issue with all names getting in the same place. To calculate on a fly the distance between them to keep them separate could be big thing.
As I understand you just want to have a better visibility what line belongs to what variable. Do you know you can hover over the line and it will be highlighted together with the var name and the rest will be muted?
Another solution can be to make them clickable. So you click on a line/var and the rest goes hidden, you have only one uncluttered line/var on a graph. Click a 2nd time and it goes back to initial state

Ok those ideas work too. So last statement on it then. Can you make it so the colors of the data points match the colors of the respective variable name?

Names are already color matched to lines. Or you have asked something else?