Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System

I use a traditional DSC alarm system networked to my Vera via Envisalink and have full notifications, including audible speech notifications available to any mobile device outside my LAN or any tablet or mobile device locally. These notifications can be for the arming and disarming sequences and if a sensor is tripped. If you want full control, it is the way to go in my opinion and they are not that expensive and the big one here, they always work.

I am looking at the dsc route for my next house. I just wish the VeraSecure acted more like an alarm system the way they claimed it would. I am having a really rough transition from smartthings to Vera. I just don’t understand why they support a keypad and market it as an alarm system when it doesn’t have key features that should be part of every alarm system. I have contacted support about this and the only responses I have gotten are repeatedly being told what vera cannot do instead of helping me find a solution.

I noticed in the comments of the Expert-Exchange article you posted you may be using a 2Gig Pad 1 now? Is that correct?

Neight, that is correct–I how have the 2gig pad up front, and the tablet on the wall in the back. I still prefer the tablet, but a few times, it had shut off and closed the imperihome app, which freaked out my office manager.