Future devices compatability? (Like the Aeotec Doorbell 6)

Thanks @BoneyCheng for posting this - VERY HELPFUL! Note to others - if you copy/paste the code from here and get an error saying the code failed, replace all the forward and back ticks with a regular tick.

Command to change chime tone for button 1 to a cheery trumpet of “Oh, Christmas Tree” and volume to 50% (not too loud). Remember to replace ALTID with your node number:
luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘ALTID’,Data=‘96 13 0 3 121 5 50 25’},1)

Note I renamed by generic devices as follows to keep easier track of them:
1 = Doorbell 0browse
2 = Doorbell 1tamper
3 = Doorbell 2button1
4 = Doorbell 3button2
5 = Doorbell 4button3
6 = Doorbell 5environmnt
7 = Doorbell 6security
8 = Doorbell 7emergency

Thank you @BoneyCheng ! Thanks to your post my DB6 is finally included in my setup and playing the sounds I want with the volume levels I want :slight_smile:

Anyone know if it is possible to change some of the settings/params for a “generic I/O” device to make behave as a siren? Would be sweet to have endpoint #7 automatically turn on when the alarm in my Vera Secure is triggered… Right now I have a scene that is triggered when the the Vera Secure siren is turned on and “immediately” turn on endpoint #7 on DB6. And another scene for turning off. Sort of works but my limited trials tell me it doesnt work quite as good as regular “siren devices”.

Hello everyone,

Just got my doorbell 6 and i´m stuck with 9 added generic devices, that dont do any good… Have any of you been able to get the doorbell to trigger a scene. The earlier posts mostly talk about changing volume, tone, etc.

With the current support by Vera, the ONLY thing you really do is the following:

• Change the ring tone type and volume via direct ZWave commands to the altid.
  • Trigger the ring tone by setting the appropriate button (generic device) to ON. (Perhaps via some sort of Reactor control.)

The most useful feature, of Vera alerting when a button pressed, is not possible. Please see the following as per Aeotec support:

I know Vera supports the command classes, but perhaps not how they are implemented. Generally these 2 command classes are used together for the notifications in interface:

Multichannel Command Encap (determines what endpoint is playing)

+ Notification Report (determines the report type)

So, an update to Vera would be required to fully support these command classes. I would suggest messaging @Sorin for information on how to properly escalate or get this onto the roadmap. Odds are I presume you would like this to work via Vera in the immediate term and not the Ezlo platform?

I would also like to request vera support for this. Thanks

The only thing that I would recommend is to submit your request under our community tracker. Instructions here: Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker Tracker is here - Public Bug Tracker - Ezlo Community

Perhaps everyone should open a tracker item then! Let’s post the ID number once we have submitted.

1 Like

ECS-405 has been submitted for this via Login - Service Desk (mios.com).

After reading most of this thread I have a question(s). First, I’m using a Vera Lite UI7.

I’d like to use this siren as an annunciator.

1. Is it possible to change the sounds on this device? I read on the Siren 5 you could connect to computer and upload custom mp3’s? Is it possible on this device?

2. Using the luup code that I see above is it possible to envoke that code to change which file the siren will use, then trigger the siren to play that sound via an event or scene?

Example: Announce “leak in well room” when my leak detector goes off, or “Smoke Detector in Basement” when my first alert alarms?

Is any of this possible?

Thanks,

Roveer

Realistically, I don’t think they will add compatibility into the current Vera software. Only the new EZLO software.

Doorbell 6 doesn’t officially support adding custom sounds and there is no USB port like on the Doorbell 5. So unless someone has found a way to hack the Doorbell 6 it seems we are stuck with the built in sounds and the 8 slots that can be programmed with a sound and volume level.

You can use luup code to turn the sound on and off as part of event actions. I play the “car door chime” at 50% for a few seconds when front door is opened and Vera Secure is in away mode. And some siren sound at 100% when alarm is triggered.

Also, if I remember correct, some slots will loop the sound until you send a stop command. Also, if one sound slot is “on” (playing) you should turn it off before turning on another slot or the sound might not change. I experienced some flaky behavior here…

The siren turns off after about 2 seconds when I use Generic I/O 3. If I choose another Generic IO device can I set it the siren to go off longer?

Basically, I am trying to set up a scene that if my motion detector detects motion, my siren will go off for two minutes.

If I remember correctly 3, 4 and 5 only play their sounds once even if if you leave it in the “on” state. While 6, 7 and 8 loop their sounds until switched to the “off” state. This is easy enough to test once you have the devices in your Vera… but I would suggest using the luup command posted earlier in this thread to lower the volume to 30% or something before testing. Your ears will thank you :wink:

I did the following command:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘34’,Data=‘96 13 0 7 121 5 100 17’},1)

I received the response, “Failed to test code, please try again”

My alt ID =34
Endpoint = 7
Volume = 100
Sound #= 17

Just to be sure, I did your same command but changed the Alt ID.

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘34’,Data=‘96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15’},1)

Same error.

Any ideas?

Also, my UI shows the Siren and the Generic I/O’s

Do I leave Siren on or off? Do I leave the specific I/O I want to use on or off?

Thanks

I figured it out. Your example has single quotes and you need double quotes. I am also not sure if it matters or not but I took off the quotes off the node id.
This command worked.

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1”, ”SendData”,{Node=34, Data=“96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15”},1)

I found the examples here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPnP_Variables_and_Actions

Wonderful pointers everyone, got the volume and sounds altered - but did not work from my iPad, had to write the Luup code from my computer - it is really picky with the ticks (")

But, has anyone solved the issue of getting a push notice when someone is at the door ringing my doorbell?

Hopefully another request has now prompted support - says it’s being worked on -

https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/72/ECS-795

Otherwise it’s just an expensive wireless doorbell.

ECS-789 has been submitted for this as well. Same status… (Work in progress).

Hi there,
I will try my best to accelerate the integration progress and get back to you soon. As I know our development team is working on some other devices and prioritization makes some delays on some devices’ integration. Thanks for understanding.

Hey. Just want to add my support for improving integration for the Aeotec Doorbell 6. It is a potentially very useful Siren but just not especially functional by default. And the doorbell button is potentially very useful as well…

(Would also like to see newer firmware for camera’s supported e.g. some Dahua cameras which when the firmware is updated, no longer work. But that’s a different story… Not looking to stream through VeraPlus, but the ability to take a snapshot on a Vera event would be useful…)