Future devices compatability? (Like the Aeotec Doorbell 6)

Yes you need to sign up for an account with them. (It’s free) That’s how I also got access to their firmware and I have tinkered with various newer versions of zwave sdk.

This just reminded me… @LibraSun, The vera plus you got from me probably has a newer zwave firmware than the standard veras… offer. I think it is running 6.81.06 and therefore showing an API version of 6.7. The vera runs 6.81.00/6.1 from what I recall.

@jrweiland, That’s an ancient version which works fine with the aeotec gen5 stick running an an their obsolete sdk and firmware but for other zwave sticks, the newer version from silabs is better. The GUI has also been refreshed making it much more intuitive. I even ran a zwave 700 series stick on it.

2 Likes

Hi,

Although I admire your workarounds and the work you put in, not everyone can do this.

I am running a containerized Home Assistant set-up and my only physical device is the VeraPlus which is being used as the z-wave gateway. I do not have Domoticz or some z-wave dongle to create workarounds like above.
I do not have an option to plug in physical hardware to my Home Assistant and work from there.

Like most people I guess, this just needs to be fixed the right way.

And if all Vera will stop being used/supported/developed I’d like my 180$ back and I’ll buy a new solution that does work, I’ll send back the VeraPlus or just throw it in the dumpster…

3 Likes

I also would like to see some development effort in making Vera Plus stable, implementing @rafale77 suggestions in another thread, while also adding improved device support for GE/Jasko and Aeotec devices. These two companies produce quite a few devices. If you have decent developers, it wouldn’t be difficult to port between Ezlo and Vera Plus. Like others here, I don’t care about the newer product Ezlo as I had recently purchased a Vera Plus and would expect support on this product. If you need to update the Vera Plus code base, so that it’s easier to backport and maintain device integrations for both platforms then do so… and use this effort to make the product more stable with the recommendations you constantly keep ignoring from the active developers on this forum.

They really should contract out developers like @rafale77 and others to fix their product. I do t have a sense their current programmers are any good.

1 Like

Sorry Sorin, would you please take a few minutes and clarify your statement please.
What exactly do you mean by it will be “available on Ezlo Hardware”. Is the Vera platform End Of Life? Is their a timeline when the Vera Hardware will be EOL? Why do you continue selling Vera units?

3 Likes

It sure reads like the writing is on the wall.

Been feeling that way here for about a year or more. Sad.

1 Like

Hi Sorin, bumping this back up on your feed and echoing the questions of others-- can you clarify what this means?

2 Likes

Ezlo Hardware/Software means: Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub, VeraEdge(with Alpha Ezlo firmware), more controllers to come.

But we have more integration than they have in terms of how many devices we work with!

2 Likes

Ah. If I’m going to draw conclusions, I’m guessing full Doorbell integration is not on the roadmap for Vera Plus any time soon? Maybe 2021 if lucky?

I think if it doesn’t work on MIOS now, it never will

C

3 Likes

Think at this point we hope for an Ezlo device able to operate without cloud connectivity which would support migration from Vera Plus. Perhaps the Ezlo development is a bit better on supporting Zwave devices?

1 Like

The ability to migrate directly (I wouldn’t care how…) from Vera over to ezlo hub would be outstanding. Dunno if it’s even technically feasible, but man would that be sweet.

2 Likes

I’ll just check in once more, still no solution.
Live up to your promises please!

My guess would be that Vera is deprecated and we will not be seeing any more software releases. Would presume this would be incorporated into the Ezlo platform. Sadly, other plugins will not work unless they are rewritten or Ezlo works with 3rd parties to make it work. Thinking iCloud for device/location/distance monitoring, Ecobee thermostat control, and Reactor/Virtual Switches.

1 Like

Just figured out how to control sound and volume levels just using raw z-wave commands through LUUP coding. Hopefully this helps someone!

Using the LUUP code below, you can use this to change the default volume and sound used by Doorbell / Siren 6.

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘ALTID’,Data=‘96 13 0 ENDPOINT 121 5 VOLUME SOUND’},1)

ALTID = can be found under the main Siren/Doorbell 6 device under (Advanced → Params)

ENDPOINT = can be a range between 1 - 8

• 1 = _Generic IO (browse)
  • 2 = _Generic IO 1 (tamper)
  • 3 = _Generic IO 2 (button 1)
  • 4 = _Generic IO 3 (button 2)
  • 5 = _Generic IO 4 (button 3)
  • 6 = _Generic IO 5 (environment)
  • 7 = _Generic IO 6 (security)
  • 8 = _Generic IO 7 (emergency)

VOLUME = Can be a range between 0 - 100

SOUND = can be a range between 1 - 30

To input LUUP code, you can access this in Vera easily:

1. Select " Apps "
  2. Select " Develop Apps "
  3. Input the code and adjust the ALTID, ENDPOINT, VOLUME, SOUND values
  4. Press GO
  5. Now test the endpoint.

Example LUUP

• AltID = 85 (reference from first image in this post)
  • Endpoint = 2 (Change tamper sound)
  • Volume level = 50%
  • Sound # = 15

LUUP command:
luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘85’,Data=‘96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15’},1)

5 Likes

Hi BoneyCheng,

I will try this for sure.
Regardless of it working for me or not, you’re a legend for working this out!

@Sorin If this man can make it work, why is this still neglected to be added to the supported devices?
Still no explanation on why this was removed from the implementation list even though it was top community priority and promised to be implemented.

So… If I understand this correct, this will “reprogram” my doorbell? Basically I follow your steps once to adjust sound and volume triggered by the included doorbell button (endpoint 3?) and from then on I will no longer go deaf whenever people ring my doorbell?

This command will set the default sound used on that endpoint. You only need to use that step once on endpoint 3 and you won’t need to set it again for button #1.

(it resets back to its default sound and volume only if you factory reset/unpair your Doorbell 6 or Siren 6).

2 Likes