Garage door control using Qubino Flush 1D Relay

Have setup a Qubino Flush 1D Relay to control garage door as a momentary switch. However, cannot figure out the following:

• change icon from light bulb to a door
  • act like a momentary switch, rather than showing on/off status (like a light)
  • remove from the All Lights On/Off function on homepage.

Anybody have solution?

Hi and welcome

1 and 3
change category number in device - advanced - parameters, to 32
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

2 May be a manufacturer setting in the manual.

sorry i do not have the device for a definate answer on 2

Thanks EICid, changing category to 32 resolved issue 1 and gave me a garage door icon. However still seems to operate under the lighting group though when clicking on ALL lights (Issue 3). There is a parameter (Variable 10)to set which I have added in the device config settings, but still doesn’t seem to work

Item - momentary switch, this also is a parameter which I have set as per Qubino instructions (to ‘0’ in Variable 1)

what is the sub category in th advanced parameters?
normally setting category 2 or 3 will put a device in the all on group. some sub categories are excluded
Best practice, when changing params or variables, is to reload luup engine and hard refresh browser when done.

When I changed category to 32, the sub-category field dropped off and isn’t available anymore in advanced parameters.
I’ve done a hard refresh of browser.
Side note, the field 'device_json" still has text “D_BinaryLightQubino1DRelay.json” and device file is still referencing D_Binarylight1.xml - would this have anything to do with it?
Plus, the icon on the device list page is still showing a light globe, but when I go into the device settings it shows up as a garage door…?

Yes the device file look right, as it will act like a switch.
If i had a quibino relay i could be more help. Hopfully some with one will confirm this.
As i said the all on/off commands should only work on category 2 and 3.

How are you monitoring the state of the garage door? If you have a sensor a would recommend installing the garage door plugin, the only culprit is that it is based on door lock config files so it will show as door lock on webgui but garage door in apps.

@crille have just installed a Dome Door pro sensor on the door

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules