GCal 3 set up

Sorry I had this in the wrong group
Hi guys I need some help again. I have a Vera 3 with UI5 am trying to get GCal3 to work. I did get instructions from Vera on how to install this. I created the Google service account, I added the email to my calender. after loading the .json file i got the Successfully Initialized I can see my calender in the calender tab then i try tp check to see my next key word and it says
Checking …
I also have problems with G cal2 and was never able to get it to work. Please help
Eli
Modify message

One more thing, if I edit the gc_NextEvent I see my key word for a second then is says Successfully Initialized

The changes google have made to the credentials requirements mean that everything need to be just right. It’s difficult to give general advice.
Please set gc_debug to 3 and post the output of the log file here and I can help.

gc_NextEvent is an output only value so manually setting it will not do anything.

Stuart this is driving me nuts been working on this all night I deleted it and could not connect to the app page to re download it. anyway after may different attempts I am not getting the following error
Waiting for startup semaphore …

[quote=“eli167, post:4, topic:183375”]Stuart this is driving me nuts been working on this all night I deleted it and could not connect to the app page to re download it. anyway after may different attempts I am not getting the following error
Waiting for startup semaphore …[/quote]

Please load the patched version here and try again. I suspect that a previous error caused the semaphore file to be locked. This version will unlock any old semaphore files at startup and we can then begin … sorry that you are not having a good experience.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg196623.html#msg196623

was this download ony for one file? ‘GCal3.lua’ or was I looking for all the files?

same message after uploading that one file ‘Waiting for startup semaphore …’

Ok - you need to get a log file so we can see what is happening at a detailed level.

set gc_debug to 3. If you are not familiar with getting log files - there is a method described here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg189513.html#msg189513

There is a slightly modified GCal3.lua file here (just the one file)
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg196718.html#msg196718

in the plug in there is no gc_debug I will try the link you sent and advise

I added that new file and that error is no longer there now it just keeps checking… I change the debug to 3. now I need to know how to get the logs sorry but I don’t know

The easy way is to install the info viewer plugin described on the link on page 1. I provided the link to the instructions above

I installed the info plug in and it hasn’t came up on my UI yet still reloading

ok the plug in is installed what comes next

make sure the plugin vaariable gc_debug is set to 3

On the info viewer - set the Lua Pattern to GCAL3
Then click Info viewer page
Then View Logs: Vera Log File

Then click reload on the vera interface and take a copy of the log file and post it in your reply.

sorry first time doing this what log do i pick
Alternate LuaUPnP log
Nwtwork Monitor log
Serial Proxy log
System log
Upgrade log
Validators

not sure if i did this right

[quote=“eli167, post:15, topic:183375”]sorry first time doing this what log do i pick
Alternate LuaUPnP log
Nwtwork Monitor log
Serial Proxy log
System log
Upgrade log
Validators[/quote]

View logs: Vera log file ---- the one I said above – -the first one

don’t be afraid to experiment we all learnt that way :slight_smile:

ok now i have attaced the correct file.

You need to set gc_debug to 3 for each of the plugin instances for detailed log messages. This looks like you have the default still set i.e. gc_debug set to 1

No it is set to 3