GCal and Notifications

I have GCal, latest from the App portal installed, and it works freaking beautifully, cudos!

One thing I have noticed, is that when I have a “notify” on a Scene that is triggered by a GCal event I get multiple notifications. A first I thought this was limited to the match on time being purely HH:MM. For example, I had an event at 1:00pm until 6:00pm and I received multiple notification emails when it triggered, but then at 2:00pm I received a few more.

I don’t really plan to use notification for this, I was using it for troubleshooting, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

[quote=“paulmon, post:1, topic:184457”]I have GCal, latest from the App portal installed, and it works freaking beautifully, cudos!

One thing I have noticed, is that when I have a “notify” on a Scene that is triggered by a GCal event I get multiple notifications. A first I thought this was limited to the match on time being purely HH:MM. For example, I had an event at 1:00pm until 6:00pm and I received multiple notification emails when it triggered, but then at 2:00pm I received a few more.

I don’t really plan to use notification for this, I was using it for troubleshooting, but I figured it was worth mentioning.[/quote]

Hi - glad that everythings working well. With V1.0 from the marketplace, if you are using UI5 and have not done so, you should download the patched file here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg204092.html#msg204092

I’ll be rolling this into V1.1 but am waiting on some info from MCV for (among other things) a notification issue in UI7 (but not the one you report).

In UI5 there has been a long standing and unfixed issue with notifications set on scenes (some but not all) but this was a situation of no notifications as opposed to multiple.

From a plugin perspective - it’s a switch (basically) and the only way for it to ‘retrigger’ might be in response to a reload of Luup or some code that is polling a value and reacting each time it polls. The plugin takes some precautions against this and there is a variable gc_retrip but that’s to regulate back to back events.

The only definitive way to see is to get a log output and see if the plugin is ‘retriggering’ or (more likely) what it is in vera world that is issuing the notifications (and why).

Sorry I cannot be more helpful but have not seen any multiple trigger situations for a long long time - and even then it was in response to reloads.