GCAL v2.4 / 2.5 breaks OWserver by deleting json.lua

Due to the fact the GCAL app deletes the json.lua the OW server app is not working anymore:
==> One Wire Server[92] : json.lua library not installed

I reinstalled the file several times, but found that on a restart teh file was gone again.
In the log I found the statement below:

50 09/30/16 21:45:32.086 luup_log:174: GCal3 device: 174 - dkjson.lua present <0x76ae4520> 50 09/30/16 21:45:32.111 luup_log:166: DLNA: UPnP proxy event identified - API version <0x74ee4520> 50 09/30/16 21:45:32.156 luup_log:174: GCal3 device: 174 - Command /bin/ls /usr/lib/lua/json.lua returned 0 <0x76ae4520> 50 09/30/16 21:45:32.233 luup_log:174: GCal3 device: 174 - Command bin/rm -f /usr/lib/lua/json.lua returned 0

Please correct again, and do not delete the json.lua
For now I have to delete the GCAL, as many temp sensors are crucial for the heating of the house

Thanks
Sjoerd

What version of Vera are you using ? Ui5 or Ui7 ?
I need to look at the code when I return from travel but for UI5 it should not delete Jason.lua.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick response, very much appriciated.

I am on version 1.7.2139

Why does the file to be removed?
KR
Sjoerd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T530 met Tapatalk

Since UI7. Vera has provided a module,dkjson.lua, for encoding / decoding json. For over a year (since GCal R2.0). GCal checks to see if dkjson.lua exists and if so deletes json.lua. This was because, for many years GCal downloaded json.lua for UI5 because Vera did not always provide a module. Also, it was done to help minimize the amount of files stored on Vera as many users are short on space.

The correct fix would be for the author of OW to do the same test as GCal and use dkjson when on a Vera unit that has it. Can you please ask them and see what they say.

I understand we should stick to the file MIOS deliver (product standard) where possible.

Unfortunately the author of OWserver (Chris) stopped working on Vera, so I do not expect an update here.

For my understanding, what’s the issue to keep the json.lua and have the dkjson.lua as well?
Are there more apps relying on the json.lua as used in the 1.5?

The issue is really just two points: the first one is as you commented. The second is that there is limited space on Vera to store files and some users are at or near the limit ( they have many different plugin types). So - to be respectful, I deleted json.lua because I had been downloading it to Vera in UI5 and wanted to clean up after myself when users upgraded to UI7.

I’m traveling for the next few days. When I get back will look at adding a symbolic link json.lua → dkjson.lua. If that works then we can get OW working again and at the same time avoid the extra file.

I think I found where to point to the dkjson.lua file in the OWserver app.
Because I have another issue now I restored my unit to a previous version, so for now it’s solved.
I think indeed to replace the actual file with a link is a more elegant way than just removing it.

[quote=“Sjoerd, post:7, topic:193910”]I think I found where to point to the dkjson.lua file in the OWserver app.
Because I have another issue now I restored my unit to a previous version, so for now it’s solved.
I think indeed to replace the actual file with a link is a more elegant way than just removing it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T530 met Tapatalk[/quote]

Other problems with GCal3 ?

Try this version here - it adds the symbolic link:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg295143.html#msg295143

Many thanks for the update, I will test it