GE/Jasko ZW3008 & SetVariable w/ Motion Sensor

I have a GE/Jasko ZW3008 which presents itself as 3 different device types to Vera - DimmableLight (urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1) and MotionSensor (urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1). There is a 3rd unused (capabilities
211,156,1,4,7,1,L,R,B,RS,|89,94,113,) device created. Now, the DimmableLight does not have any Device Options, nor does the 3rd unused item. However, the MotionSensor item allows access to setting variables on the device (which I have tested manually). Using a Reactor device, I can see the ‘Device Action’ under ‘Activities’ but it will not allow me to use a ‘Set variable’ option. This does show up though on other items (devices) such as a power switch. How would I be able to configure an action on lets say device #12 (Reactor) to set a variable on device #10 (MotionSensor) as the GUI does not present this option (any reason why the GUI does not present this option?).

The SetVariable action sets values on expressionless variables configured in the Expressions tab of your ReactorSensors. It does not set device state variables.

It is very unusual to set device state variables. They are usually controlled by actions. For example, you do not turn on a light by changing the Target or Status variables directly, you call the SetTarget action for the device. If you really need to set a device state variable, (a) be sure you know what you’re doing, and (b) you need to use Lua to do it (that’s how infrequent it normally is).

Ok, so the SetVariable action can be used for more complex logic through its use in conjunction with Conditions/Actions. This is a complete Reactor plugin construct.

What I am trying to accomplish here is that I have some dimmers that come on when I dont want them - ie, decide to sleep / watch a movie in living room (since its motion detect), or during the day when the ambient light is not enough. So, this particular model has a device option parameter ‘6’ which controls enabling the motion detection. Already tested this, and indeed it stopped turning on the light with motion and sending alerts when placed into the armed state. Changing value from 0 to 1 indeed re-enabled this and everything worked fine again. So, under a few conditions would want to change this… (a) disable the motion detect when at home and its daylight hours (if its truly dark, I can turn it on/off) and (b) simply when I dont want it to be going on the fritz and turning on each time I move on the couch (when its already timed out and off).

Started to play with this, and as a Reactor action added the following to turn off:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘12’,Data=‘112 4 6 1 0’},1)

However, when the Reactor sensor is triggered, this value does not change on the device (ID #12) as per monitoring device options. I have also tried SendData without any luck. Any guidance on how to get this working as a Reactor action?

Your node # needs to be the Zwave node ID not the device number. That’s altid in the Advanced > Params view.

That appears to have done it! I set the variable I want to change to be only in monitor mode as well, so its not overwritten by a desired value on the dimmers.

Would this be the best way to accomplish what I am setting to do in my use case? Is there any harm to setting these device variables multiple times (in terms of longevity of the device - not sure if the values are stored in volatile memory or some cheap NVRAM)?

Thanks for your help!

Is it possible to call multiple devices at one time, or do I have to call each individually? Would this work as an action for instance?

-- Action: Set device option variable 6 to value 0 (disabling dimmer)
-- Device: KIT Motion [GE ZW3008], device #18, altid 6
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='6',Data='112 4 6 1 0'},1)
-- Device: LVR Motion [GE ZW3008], device #15, altid 5
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='5',Data='112 4 6 1 0'},1)
-- Device: HALL Motion [GE ZW3008], device #12, altid 2
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='2',Data='112 4 6 1 0'},1)

Seeing WEIRD stuff on the latest (not beta) version of Vera Plus. I set these actions… and checking later, they disappear from the config! I saved it, reloaded, and checked and it was there… but later it was gone!

Apply the hotfixes for 3.4. See the pinned post in this category.

Hotfix from Oct/2019 post did not resolve the issue of the changes to the Condition statements and Action LUUP commands reverting on their own.

Version stamp in the footer of the Tools tab should be 19354. If not, you’re not up to date.

Definitely updated the 2 files properly, but still had to much with the sensor a bit. Changed the Actions, reset it, tripped it, and reloaded LUUP a few times. But it finally stuck and stopped disappearing. Thanks!

Last question - Can I combine the call_action commands via sending a table/array of the nodes/values or does SendData support listing a few Nodes instead of singular Nodes?

2 posts were split to a new topic: GE/Jasko ZW3008 handling by Vera

A post was merged into an existing topic: GE/Jasko ZW3008 handling by Vera