GE switch LED Status light

Does anyone have the updated instructions to change the LED status light on the GE switches so that the LED is on when the light is on?
Secondly, how do you get a switch like this, and an outlet with a light attached to register as “Lights” on the Vera? Thank you!

I don’t know what “updated instructions” you are referring to. There are numerouse resources for how to control the LED on GE/Jasco products.

How to configure GE LED indicator - from Vera Wiki.

45612 Manual

45639 Manual

Secondly, how do you get a switch like this, and an outlet with a light attached to register as "Lights" on the Vera?
I'm not sure what you are asking here. If you are wanting to change the icon for switch devices; the answer is that you cannot.

Edit: You’ll get better answers to your questions when you provide specific details of your request. Things like which Vera/firmware you are using and the model number of dimmer in question(there are at least 3 GE/Jasco dimmers) will allow people to provide more specific/accurate answers.

Great thanks for the help. On the Lights question I am referring to the IOS app which shows “My Shortcuts” and shows “No Lights Available” The next item down shows “Locked Door Locks” and the command “Unlock All”, So what I am asking is how do I get the GE on/off switch and outlet to register as a “light” to use for this shortcut?

For the ‘All On/Off’ it seems only dimmers are eligible. Switches and outlets are not. Which in a way makes sense as you could have an appliance such as a coffee maker plugged into a z-wave outlet. You really would not want that one to activate on an ‘All On’. Especially if it had eg no water in it. There may be a way to include a switch but I never needed this functionality so I never researched it.

I have a support ticket in with Vera asking about what it is that allows binary (on/off) lights / switches to be a member of the lights “shortcut.”

I do have one on/off switch (a GE outdoor module) that is actually fact included in the shortcut. So somehow it can recognize particular binary lights / switches, it’s just a matter of determining what vera is looking for.

[quote=“JoeyD”]I have a support ticket in with Vera asking about what it is that allows binary (on/off) lights / switches to be a member of the lights “shortcut.”

I do have one on/off switch (a GE outdoor module) that is actually fact included in the shortcut. So somehow it can recognize particular binary lights / switches, it’s just a matter of determining what vera is looking for.[/quote]

I want the same thing. I don’t need dimmers everywhere, so I have used a relay switch where CFL’s are used and would do the same for LED lamps. It is a light switch, but does not show as one in the all on/off. True it could control something else, but it is a light switch! Not a big deal to me, but when I hit the sack early it would be nice to turn all lights off easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not quite true. Switches and outlets default to not responding to the All On/Off commands, but they can be enabled to respond. I have most of my switches and outlets programmed to respond to the All On/Off class of commands.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to do this in Vera. I use a portable controller (My Intermatic HA07, but other controllers should work) to set the switch or outlet to respond to the All On/Off commands. Refer to the controller’s individual documentation on how to perform this action. It only has to be done once, and it can be done from any controller (that is included in the Zwave network).

Here’s the manual for the Intermatic HA07: http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/Intermatic/Documentation/Obsolete/HA07.ashx

[quote=“aa6vh, post:7, topic:185701”]Not quite true. Switches and outlets default to not responding to the All On/Off commands, but they can be enabled to respond. I have most of my switches and outlets programmed to respond to the All On/Off class of commands.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to do this in Vera.[/quote]

I don’t really understand the value of zwave’s All On/Off with a controller like Vera. Is there really that much overhead in Vera sending a unicast on/off to “all (intended)” devices and save the zwave broadcasts for dumb controllers?

Still does not appear to be any support for D_BinaryLight1.xml type w/ Category 3 and Subcategory 0 being supported under the Dashboard My Shortcuts :frowning: Would be useful to turn off all dimmers/binary lights if going to sleep for instance (manually) w/o actually setting to Sleep mode.