GetLog Plugin for UI5 and UI7 R1.2

Have not used this plugin for a while but today I tried to create a Log and found that it log file is not generated.
Does this plugin still work in 7.0.24 firmware?

Hi Thomas –

I just tried and got similar errors. It seems something has changed (again) at the vera level. I tried an alternate syntax for formulating the grep search and it seems to work. My guess is that busybox (from memory that’s what’s used in the OS as a command interpreter) has changed or the way vera pass commands to the OS.

Try this - it’s a one-line change - and see if it works on your system.

I noticed that it showed version 1.1 for GetLog Plugin even if I uploaded the new files you posted so I decided to uninstal the PluGin and reinstall from Marketplace. After reinstall it seems to be working correctly (version 1.2) again even if I did not add any of the files you posted here.

My bad - I uploaded the wrong file. Try this one (should log as 1.3) as it’s possibly less sensitive to the different OS versions used in Vera.

cant seem to get it to work properly

Your description of the problem makes it impossible to help besides asking you to provide a description of the problem with as much detail as possible.

sorry, it works but does not copy the log into the file, so the file 00-getlog gets generated but there is nothing in there, its empty

What version of vera are you using and what release level? The app expects the original file in a certain location - and it’s possible vera changed something.

I have not looked at the code for years because it has “just worked”.

Also - what filter (if any) are you using.

I was gone use the GetLog plugin today also and I also noticed that the log files come up empty. If I add a filter I get a log but if I again clear the filter I get an empty file again.
It does not seem to be possible to get the complete log file anymore.
Uninstall/reinstall of the plugin does not correct the behaviour.

I Just tried on two of my vera systems and it works fine - so something fishy … What device and what version are you using?

Can you take a look at the file GetLog.lua (in Apps–>Develop apps–.Luup files).
Near the top is a line that says
local PLUGIN_NAME= … what is the value there? The latest was “GetLogV1.3”

In the filter - try setting two quotes “” and see if the behavior changes ?

If none of the above give any clues. Can you (by other means :slight_smile: ) send me a log file? I’d recommend clearing the log files first and then doing a successful create (i.e. with a filter) and an unsuccessful create. This may yield some clues.

Here is what I see: "local PLUGIN_NAME = “GetLogV1.2"”
I installed from apps store, seems like your latest version is not available there.
Where can I get it? Github?

Try this. I cannot remember which files may have changed and do not have time at the moment to go look in the marketplace. So here they all are :slight_smile:

GetLog1.3.zip (5.3 KB)

Thanks Stuart for the updated files.
I decided to test this on my secondary VeraPlus before applying it on the main Vera where it is not working.
What I found was that on my secondary VeraPlus both the market place version 1.2 and the updated 1.3 version works as expected. With the grep pattern empty I get the complete log file.
Then I upgraded my main VeraPlus to the 1.3 version and I still have the same issue. The log file is empty.
I will try to dig in to this during the weekend when I can work localy to access the Vera using SCP and also see the log in the browser.