Unfortunately, this app no longer works without tweaking - and even then it doesn’t work like it used to. And apparently the app developer is no longer supporting it. So I’d like to use this thread to gather the steps necessary to get the app working properly again. Please add any suggestions you might have to help others get their Sonos devices working in UI7
When I downloaded the app into UI7 for the first time (firmware 1.7.3500), the app did nothing. No discovery - nada. So, after doing research here and figuring a few things out on my own, here are the steps I came up with to at least get the buttons to respond. Starting from the beginning:
- Install the UPnP app
- Install the Sonos app
- Down the attached zip files and unzip the two files within. Then, upload these two files to your Vera via the Upload box in the Apps>Develop Apps>Luup files tab. The discussion about why this is necessary is found here ->http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,51432.0.html. Big thanks to amg0 for sharing his edited files!
- Using your phone or PC Sonos app (or going into your router) find the Sonos’ IP address.
- Open the UI7 Sonos device and go to the Advanced menu. Enter the Sonos IP under the Advanced> Params> IP field.
- I also entered the router IP in the Advanced>Variables>RouterIP field, but I’m not certain that was necessary.
- Reboot Vera using the Settings>Net&WiFi - Reboot button
- When Vera restarts, the Sonos device should be present and should work; at least for music playback. There are still many aspects of the device that don’t work correctly, such as album art, currently playing, etc. But the buttons work…
One note - The mute button works, but there is no means to “un-mute”. At least none that I could find.
As for TTL and the voice functions, I’ve not found a way to get that to work. If anyone has, please post the steps here.