Getting the Wemo app to work with UI7

I am having trouble adding my WeMo switch in UI7…The ‘Save’ button never shows up on the top green bar. I have done everything as instructed.

“…I am having trouble adding my WeMo switch in UI7…The ‘Save’ button never shows up on the top green bar. I have done everything as instructed.”

I had the same issue so I restarted my Vera and then when I manually added the Wemo device I had an option to reload Lua. Working great now…thanks to all for the updated code!

[quote=“russell.gabriel, post:42, topic:184446”]“…I am having trouble adding my WeMo switch in UI7…The ‘Save’ button never shows up on the top green bar. I have done everything as instructed.”

I had the same issue so I restarted my Vera and then when I manually added the Wemo device I had an option to reload Lua. Working great now…thanks to all for the updated code![/quote]
WOW … I had the same problem. I’ve spent hours trying to get it to work (get the reload to show up), and it was as simple as unplugging Vera and plugging it back in to get it to work. THANKS!
Tom

[quote=“russell.gabriel, post:42, topic:184446”]“…I am having trouble adding my WeMo switch in UI7…The ‘Save’ button never shows up on the top green bar. I have done everything as instructed.”

I had the same issue so I restarted my Vera and then when I manually added the Wemo device I had an option to reload Lua. Working great now…thanks to all for the updated code![/quote]
I will try that, thanks!

For anyone having the - Belkin WeMo[159] : Startup Lua Failed - this is the fix.

• Within Devices, select Belkin Wemo
  • Click Configure
  • Uncheck Enable scan for WeMo devices on LAN
  • When the button appears, click Reload Luup

This will disable the autoscan of wifi devices on your network, however you can easily add them manually. Before adding, make sure to define static IPs for each of your Wemo devices within your router. Once that’s done you can manually add each device using the Add Static button. The source of the issue when the scan is enabled is that there are OTHER wifi devices on your network that are creating a conflict with the Wemo App script, so disabling it removes the issue entirely.

Hope that helps.

Awesome thread. Finally got it working.

My question is, is there any way to get it working on the mobile app as a plain device switch instead of creating a scene?

[quote=“jelicano, post:46, topic:184446”]Awesome thread. Finally got it working.

My question is, is there any way to get it working on the mobile app as a plain device switch instead of creating a scene?[/quote]

I’ve yet to find a way with the Vera app. I installed Sceneflow on Android and they work fine using it, proving it is something weird with the Vera app.

[quote=“wallfly, post:31, topic:184446”]I thought I would update the instructions based on my experience with UI7.

These instructions must be done AFTER you’ve installed your wemo devices via the wemo app. If you haven’t done that, do that first. I would also HIGHLY recommend assigning a permanent IP to each device via your router, using your routers DHCP settings. This will prevent the IP of your wemo device from changing and being lost from the vera.
I also recommend installing the Upnp Event Proxy app before starting the Wemo setup process on your Vera.

1. Download zip https://github.com/futzle/MiOS-WeMo/archive/master.zip
  2. Unzip to a local directory on your computer
  3. IMPORTANT - Login to your vera locally by IP. Logging in through getvera.com site may prevent you from being able to add devices. If you cannot login by IP, login via getvera.com, click Users & Account Info → Unit Settings, and then uncheck Secure your Vera, once that’s done, close out, and login via IP (ie: http://192.168.1.XX/cmh/#dashboard)
  4. Select Apps → Install Apps then search for Wemo and install the existing app
  5. Once installed, Select Apps → My Apps → Wemo, then Update App (seems redundant, but it made it work)
  6. After update/luup restart, Select Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files → Then Drag and drop all Luup Files (EXCEPT readme and licence) from your saved folder on computer to the Upload box in your browser.
  7. Select Apps → Develop apps → Serial Port Configuration and click save.
  8. Select Devices → Wemo (arrow) → Configure
  9. (Again, this it is important that you’re connected to your Vera locally for this step to work. Going through getvera.com portal may work, but it’s slower.) Ignore Enable Scan, or dynamic add, and manually add a name and the IP of the Wemo device on your network, click Add Static. You can repeat this step for each device you have.
  10. After adding a device, a Reload Luup button will appear in the top green bar, click the button (this doesn’t always show if you are remotely connected).
  11. You’re done, after the luup reload and final setup, your switches will now show in your devices and can be used as any other z-wave device in your network.
  12. If you don’t want your vera accessible via the network, remember to reverse what you did in Step 3.[/quote]

Bless you wallfly. It works!!!

[quote=“wallfly, post:45, topic:184446”]For anyone having the - Belkin WeMo[159] : Startup Lua Failed - this is the fix.

• Within Devices, select Belkin Wemo
  • Click Configure
  • Uncheck Enable scan for WeMo devices on LAN
  • When the button appears, click Reload Luup

This will disable the autoscan of wifi devices on your network, however you can easily add them manually. Before adding, make sure to define static IPs for each of your Wemo devices within your router. Once that’s done you can manually add each device using the Add Static button. The source of the issue when the scan is enabled is that there are OTHER wifi devices on your network that are creating a conflict with the Wemo App script, so disabling it removes the issue entirely.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

I started getting this error, too. I’m quite sure it is because I currently have 2 other WeMo plugs powered up that I haven’t added into Vera yet because I’m not sure if I’ll be keeping them hooked up year-round. I’m curious where you’re finding the Scan option? I click on Configure and it is totally blank for me. I’m on version 10.10 in UI7. Not sure if there’s a newer version not in the Mios store that I should be grabbing?

I have gotten the plugin working and I am able to add my Wemo devices manually. However when the devices are switched on/off manually or through the iOS app, the Vera device does not reflect the changed state. The Vera device is able to send commands but not able to receive information. I do have UPnP Event proxy running (before I installed the Belkin plugin) and have changed the uuid in Advanced as was indicated but still no luck. Any advice?

Im having the same issue - did you ever find a solution?

I have the same issue. I got my Insight switches to show up in the web UI, and can turn them on, but the status never changes and I cannot turn them off. Any ideas?

I had everything working well. In fact, it was a deciding factor in adding several more WeMo Mini switches to my system. I had six of them working fine, until …

I had to reboot my network the other day, do to a problem after a (mandatory) Windows 10 upgrade. Afterwards, everything seemed to be fine; but later, I found that one of my six WeMos was not responding in UI7. I uninstalled the device, then installed it again. Everything started working again.

The next day, the same device wasn’t responding to UI7 – although it works fine with the Amazon Echo and the WeMo phone app. I uninstalled all six devices and tried again. The first two came up fine; the others were unresponsive. A total removal and re-install of the WeMo plugin is even worse: none of the devices will respond to UI7! >:(

It seems like the problem might be related to device ID, as UI7 doesn’t re-use IDs – it starts with the next highest ID on re-installs. So, of course, I can’t return back to the point where everything was working. Anyone run into this situation before? Is there any chance that MCV/Vera will actually support WeMo devices, officially?

When you re-install a device, and you know the old device number, you can manually edit the new number to the old number. I have a z-wave bulb that disappears about once a month.

I’m having the same problem, I have 3 Insight switches that show up, I can turn them on, but their status never update and they can’t be turned off. I do however also have one of the newer Wemo Mini smart switches which seem to work fine. Perhaps it’s an issue with the older Insight switches?

I’m having the same problem, I have 3 Insight switches that show up, I can turn them on, but their status never update and they can’t be turned off. I do however also have one of the newer Wemo Mini smart switches which seem to work fine. Perhaps it’s an issue with the older Insight switches?[/quote]

Not meaning to stump my own project, but…
I’d sure appreciate it if you’d try my new plugin WiFiUDP and let me know if it solves your problems.
It works for WEMO, TP-LINK, ECO, SENGLED Boost, LIFX, and YEELIGHT Switches bulbs and maybe sensors.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=120540.0

Thanks and again, please let me know how it works for you.
Jim

Hello everyone,

I’ve been having issue only with the Wemo Smart Mini Plug. I was able to add the Mini Plug manually and the icon along with the switch is showing up under Devices. However, when I toggle the On/Off in the Vera (Local IP), it does not turn on the Mini Plug. When I launch the Vera App on my iPhone, the Mini Plug shows up under Devices but it does not have the On/Off Switch like it is on Vera (Local IP).

I have no issue with the WeMo Light Switch whatsoever. Does anyone encounter this issue and if there is a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

I got everything to work via my vera - the only problem is that the status doesn’t update. I can either use my ALEXA or manually turn my switch on and off and the status doesn’t follow on the vera. I downloaded and installed the UPNP event proxy and have that running as well. Any ideas?

That really sounds like the wemo plugin is not recognizing the UPnP plugin.
When you look at the Wemo Control Panel do you see:

UPnP Proxy is not running. Instant updates will not happen. More information here.

at the bottom of the page? If you see that, click the ‘here’ button for help.
Also, try reloading your Vera a time or two.

The uPnP Proxy is running. Kinda goofy, I did not ever get this to work. It updates fine when I use VERA to control it.