Google Assistant responds all Vera devices are Offline

I have followed all steps in the description to import Vera devices into Google Home and they all show up ok. Connection with Nexus was successfull . But when I press a button in Google Home there is an error message “No Response” and a button below with the text “Offline”.
I have made sure that google home is syncronized with the Vera Smarter App.

Is there any way of debugging ? Does anyone have any suggestions / similar behaviour ?

Thanks for any help.

Johan (Sweden)

I have the same problem since yesterday.

Juan (Spain)

I have this problem since the latest update on Vera Plus. The devices come online for couple of seconds then they appear as offline. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesnt. I have resynced, removed and added couple of times… nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I am having the same issue. However, I see there has been no response from anyone as to why this is happening and if there is any way to correct it.

Yeah, I have the same problem. My Google home integration worked perfectly. I recently switched ISP’s at my house and now the Vera-Google integration is completly broke.

I have done everything short of reformatting my Vera controller.

I wish someone would figure this out

Hello Elvis,

Please have a talk with our support team as well. I’m sure they’ll help you get back on track.
You can use the Need help button up top.