Google Home Integration

Hi there,
I’m new to Vera, but I’m surprised that the only way to integrate vera systems with Google Home is through Vera Concierge. This means you need to setup something to run it h24 (more likely a Raspberry Pi), rising the overall cost of the solution, and requiring to maintain a separate system.

Does anybody know if there are forecast of different kind of implementations?

Regards

Hi,
I did it using IFTTT. It is a little bit tricky, as you must send a http channel, using LUA command to your vera, but it worked very well.

Unfortunately, IFTTT is a functionality that the majority of users also have no access to

[quote=“FARRET, post:2, topic:198957”]Hi,
I did it using IFTTT. It is a little bit tricky, as you must send a http channel, using LUA command to your vera, but it worked very well.[/quote]

This looks really interesting. Can you give me some more details?

Regards

ifttt —> google assistant —> webhooks (set json,get, code)
the code is a same command you type in a web browser to play a command to vera…
…it work perfectly.

[quote=“stardobas, post:5, topic:198957”]ifttt —> google assistant —> webhooks (set json,get, code)
the code is a same command you type in a web browser to play a command to vera…
…it work perfectly.[/quote]

Where would I find the code? example: I want to say “Ok Google, Lock the front door”

Hello,
I do the same (web hook within ifttt), but with a proxy (a raspberry with domoticz) because I wasnt able to access direct commands to my vera without authentification.
So please, can you explain how you did a direct authentification between IFTTT and your vera ?
Thanks,
Sylvain.

Hi at all!

after contact with vera support i have information about avancement to google home integration.

This is her response :
Although with some delays, GH development is in full swing and we will make some announcements hopefully this summer.
We had our focus on the remaining regions for Alexa and the update to Amazon V3 API, and since this is now done, we are now focusing on Google Home.

If it can be help to expect.

Registered on this forum to specifically find this info, thanks for sharing sefocuher.

Hopefully Vera IS making progress on Google Home integration. Please keep up the good work!

Still seems to be nothing I can find

I chased them up recently and it sounds like they are pretty close (though they’ve been saying that for a while). Here’s the response I got:

The integration has reached it?s final steps as it?s under internal testing and we are preparing for a live release soon, to be honest there is no given time for now, but it should be pretty soon as it was planned for early 2019.

Apologizes for the lack of precise information, but for now this is all we have related to this integration, our teams are working hard on many other integrations too, but this has been prioritized now so it shouldn?t be too long until it goes live unless something extraordinary happens and gets delayed, but let?s not go this road.

Tic Tock, we are all waiting very patiently for the past few years.

Thank you for the update!!! Lets hope/pray they get it released soon as mentioned in early 2019 which should be around now!!! I want to say Vera is probably one of the last major platforms to get this GH integration. Even Lowe’s Iris discontinued product was able to make it work with Google Home a long time ago!!! Hope Vera doesn’t follow suit with the new acquirement and focuses on just getting better as a local platform and improves stability and lua restarts and stops this cloud nonsense, wifi routing features that other products do.