Google Quota exceeded

I had 5 iOS devices using this plugin without issue. I recently added 2 additional and one device is always throwing out: “Google Quota exceeded”. Some devices are very active, while a few are very infrequent. What are the best settings for each device to reduce the “Google Quota exceeded”?

2 500 request per day , for 7 devices so 357 for a device per day , so more calls than 4 per min in average.
you must be too close to the limit. use MUTE during the night, or reduce the polling rates

My current settings are below. Maybe i’ll change the polling period to “180”?

Polling period: “60” Dynamic" “yes”
Distance Mode: “direct”
polling divider: “3”
polling map: “[blank]”
extra polling: “no”

I can see why Google would have a low quota for an iPhone locator :slight_smile:

[quote=“potatohead, post:3, topic:197423”]My current settings are below. Maybe i’ll change the polling period to “180”?

extra polling: “no”[/quote]

I have 2 iPhones, my polling period is 300, but I have a scene that pings both phones 6 times in 5 minutes when the garage door is opened. Once in a great while I get a quota error, but not very often.

[quote=“potatohead, post:3, topic:197423”]My current settings are below. Maybe i’ll change the polling period to “180”?

extra polling: “no”[/quote]

How many iDevices do you have now ? Have you tried to mute them during the night ?

I would expect the quota is specific to each iCloud account. In my case, I have 2 devices on 2 different iCloud accounts. Not sure if this is true or even helpful.

In fact the google quota is independent of icloud and is per IP address. So 7 devices impacts it 7 time more than one

That’s interesting.

I have attempted to set up on 2 different iphones and each day i recevie a notification that the Google Quota has been exceeded.

I have been unable to set the Home Location on the MAP tab in the device in Vera but the MAP it says that it is for “development purposes only” could this have any bearing on the exceeding quota if so how would I go about resolving this?

To try to minimise the amount of location pings, I have programmed a PLEG to ping the location of the iphones only when they come on or go off of my home network, so shouldn’t be more than a couple of times a day and I’m still being notified that I excced the quote.

I’m running version 2.47 of the App and Vera Firmware v1.7.4001

[quote=“Rompabear, post:10, topic:197423”]I have attempted to set up on 2 different iphones and each day i recevie a notification that the Google Quota has been exceeded.

I have been unable to set the Home Location on the MAP tab in the device in Vera but the MAP it says that it is for “development purposes only” could this have any bearing on the exceeding quota if so how would I go about resolving this?

To try to minimise the amount of location pings, I have programmed a PLEG to ping the location of the iphones only when they come on or go off of my home network, so shouldn’t be more than a couple of times a day and I’m still being notified that I excced the quote.

I’m running version 2.47 of the App and Vera Firmware v1.7.4001[/quote]
Google changed its map api billing strategy and now it requires user to register to get a key.
I have to think about how to handle that in the plugin.
Right now it means map feature and reverse geo coding is Impacted.

any update to this?

It was fixed here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,107473.0.html