Google returned an error

Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

01/16/19 14:37:40.494 XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says ‘Google returned an error’

I’ve got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C

[quote=“Catman, post:1, topic:200443”]Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

01/16/19 14:37:40.494 XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says ‘Google returned an error’

I’ve got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C[/quote]
Yes debug mode and debug log. Could be a transient quota issue

[quote=“amg0, post:2, topic:200443”][quote=“Catman, post:1, topic:200443”]Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

01/16/19 14:37:40.494 XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says ‘Google returned an error’

I’ve got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C[/quote]
Yes debug mode and debug log. Could be a transient quota issue[/quote]

Thanks. Seems unlikely since I’ve only just started using it…

Odd think is it still knows where my phone is, mostly

Log on its way. Cheers

C

Catman; let me know if you find the solution please.

I’m having the same issue. I even tried a new API key with no luck. It does track my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone’s locations on the visible map in the plugin, but won’t indicate the physical address like I used to be able to (just says “Google returned an error”) before they started forcing users to sign up for API keys.

[quote=“agoodman82, post:4, topic:200443”]Catman; let me know if you find the solution please.

I’m having the same issue. I even tried a new API key with no luck. It does track my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone’s locations on the visible map in the plugin, but won’t indicate the physical address like I used to be able to (just says “Google returned an error”) before they started forcing users to sign up for API keys.[/quote]

Will do, although I confess I’m not actually looking or using it. Although Geofencing has now failed again…

C

Hi All, I’m getting this error too but it does seem to be working - I got an API key and put it into the correct variable field.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules