Group Reactor

Hello
Is it possible to activate a group by a luup command?
My reactor has several groups, which activated each starts a different sequence.
I want to run these sequences independently by luup commands.
Thank you

I assume you are talking about activities? Groups are collections of conditions that trigger activities (collections of actions), but you can’t run a group, it’s a logic element, not an active element.

Activities cannot be run externally. I’ve considered this (see Github issue #38), but I’m not yet sold on the idea.

What you can do, however, is put your actions into a standard Vera scene. You can then run the scene in all the usual ways that Vera can run a scene, and Reactor activities can also launch the scene using the “Run Scene” action.

Thank you for your reply
today I manage my sequences with scenes
I would have liked to manage them with reactor
you can change the state of a reactor with a luup command or manually
I thought we could do the same thing with a group
can we not have in conditions an external condition? or manual …
I think that to solve my problem a solution is to create as much reactor as of sequence, or while my action luup changes the state of a virtual one which will be part of the conditions
thanks for your plugin

You can always add a virtual switch’s state as a condition together with your other condition group. Let’s say you have a condition group to test if the garage door is open between sunset and sunrise. It might look something like this:

Group - “Garage Door Open” - AND operator

• Condition: between sunset and sunrise
  • Condition: garage door sensor is tripped

You could then wrap your existing group in a “control” group (OR operator) together with a virtual switch:

Group “Open or Manual” - OR operator

• Condition: virtual switch is on
  • Group “Garage Door Open” - AND operator
    • Condition: between sunset and sunrise
    • Condition: garage door sensor is tripped

Now, when the garage door is open between sunset and sunrise or the virtual switch is on, the “Open or Manual” group will be true and any activities associated with it will run.