Harmony Hub Control Not Updating with Harmony Hub

Right now the Roku is being used in my home theater. The Harmony App reflects that the Roku is on as does the Elite remote but in Vera it shows everything powered down.

That’s interesting. I have a Roku 3 and I do not think you can turn it off. I do not have a Harmony Hub (yet) but I am observing and learning for that day. I would think Harmony would know the Roku does not have a power off and when it connects to Vera, Vera should know that also. Hmmm.

Hi Sammy,

I assume you have the polling interval set to a non-zero value in the Harmony plug-in settings.

And the Roku is that an IR or IP device for the Harmony? The Harmony plug-in only works for IR controlled devices. The IP devices status is not reported in the protocol used. Sadly Logitec does not want to accept me as a developer and the IP communication cannot be reverse engineered like I could with the IR protocol communications.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer”]Hi Sammy,

I assume you have the polling interval set to a non-zero value in the Harmony plug-in settings.

And the Roku is that an IR or IP device for the Harmony? The Harmony plug-in only works for IR controlled devices. The IP devices status is not reported in the protocol used. Sadly Logitec does not want to accept me as a developer and the IP communication cannot be reverse engineered like I could with the IR protocol communications.

Cheers Rene[/quote]Sorry it took so long to respond.

My Roku is connected via IR to the Hub because when Harmony tried to set it up for ip control Harmony couldn’t find the Roku. This is mainly because when I changed from a 2011 Roku 2XS to a 2015 Roku 2 I was too lazy to change the device as it just worked so why bother? Harmony was looking for the XS which is could not find…

I just changed the polling to 15 secs (why is 5 and 10 not recommended?) and it is working for Watch TV.

So now I know I can trigger events in Vera using activities or device states in Harmony Hub!

With shorter polling times I can trigger faster but I guess it isn’t too much of a delay.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Of course the PoS forum software used by micasaverde doesn’t properly handle up loads from Tapatalk so here they are.

Harmony doesn’t turn it off, per se, it turns off the TV and the AVR though and when you start the Roku Activity it turns them on and sets the inputs correctly.

Harmony doesn’t turn it off, per se, it turns off the TV and the AVR though and when you start the Roku Activity it turns them on and sets the inputs correctly.[/quote]

I see. I have a (really old now) Harmony 600 and it has an All OFF button as opposed to turning off WATCH TV or turning off WATCH A MOVIE.

Hi Sammy,

I am not quite sure if you have a problem with the Harmony plug in or not. You show two snapshots both for polling the activity and one shows TV the other Roku. This is how I would it expect to be.

The polling interval should not be set too short as it seems the Harmony Hub does not like to be polled for status too often. You can try and see what yours does. My Hub now seems to go in error (red status light) each day after working like a charm for years. The biggest change is a different WiFi modem. I’m still trying to debug that.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:8, topic:197333”]Hi Sammy,

I am not quite sure if you have a problem with the Harmony plug in or not. You show two snapshots both for polling the activity and one shows TV the other Roku. This is how I would it expect to be.

The polling interval should not be set too short as it seems the Harmony Hub does not like to be polled for status too often. You can try and see what yours does. My Hub now seems to go in error (red status light) each day after working like a charm for years. The biggest change is a different WiFi modem. I’m still trying to debug that.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Everything looks to be working as expected thus far.

I’m not doing anything with it yet but it is now showing the change in activity done with the remote, the app or Alexa in the Harmony Control. I can now start to see if it’ll trigger things in Vera based on the status in Harmony Control although I did get a Hub Extender to control the lights in the Family room with the Elite Remote and the App so I’m not sure what else I want to do with it.

Guess I spoke too soon. I’m not home so I cannot see the hub but I see this in Vera Dashboard at the top:

Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response

Hi Sammy,

That message should clear after trying to send a command or a LUUP reload. If not make sure the Hub status light is not red.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:11, topic:197333”]Hi Sammy,

That message should clear after trying to send a command or a LUUP reload. If not make sure the Hub status light is not red.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

I reloaded the LUA using PLEG. The error persists and the LED’s of both my Hub and Hub Extender are solid green.

Hi Sammy,

In the plugin settings can you change the Log Level to debug and tell me what you get in the log file?

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:13, topic:197333”]Hi Sammy,

In the plugin settings can you change the Log Level to debug and tell me what you get in the log file?

Cheers Rene[/quote]

My lua is having issues loading lately and won’t even let me enable support so I have been unable to change this yet. Where would I find the log after it is produced?

Hi Sammy,

Constant LUUP reloads will render any plugin useless. The log file may shed some light on that too. It could be some LUA error in your start-up LUA if you have that or a plugin (hopefully not one of mine).

Look here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36439.msg319167.html#msg319167]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36439.msg319167.html#msg319167[/url] on how you can open the log file in a browser window.

Hopefully you can find the issue with your unit.

Cheers Rene

I did a hard reboot / power cycle when I got home and my Vera is reacting again but I still see an error at the top of the page:

http://PLM[250] : Lua Engine Failed to Load Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub

The PLM issue is because I do not have my Insteon PowerLine Modem connected to my Vera right now as that is another project with Vera on hold for the time being until I can get that figured out.

I deleted the app and re-installed it but it is still not working. I verified the ip address of the Hub and login credentials.

I will attach the log when I can get it down to a file size allowed for uploading here…

Here’s the log.

micasaverde / Vera should be embarrassed by this forum software as it is a genuine PoS. I couldn’t get it to post here so I sent it in a PM but then I cannot verify if you got it so let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Sammy,

Got your messages and will look at the logs tonight. One advice. If the PLM is causing LUA startup failures you should deinstall it as it will cause problems for all your other LUA code and overall stability of your unit.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:18, topic:197333”]Hi Sammy,

Got your messages and will look at the logs tonight. One advice. If the PLM is causing LUA startup failures you should deinstall it as it will cause problems for all your other LUA code and overall stability of your unit.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

I removed Alsteon from my system. The harmony error above is still there.

Hi Sammy,

Am I correct you have a firewall between the Hub and Vera? The Hub communication uses port 5222 so you must open that as a minimum.

Cheers Rene