HeatIt Z-TRM2

I have just had a HeatIt Z-TRM2 installed:
https://www.heatit.com/heating-control/floor-heating-thermostats/heatit-z-trm2/

It is a upgraded version of their previous simmilar thermostat for floor heating and this one works fairly OK with Vera but I see a couple of issue so opening an issue to see if someone else have the same experience as me with it:

• During inclusion, secure inclusion fails with an error message (forgot to keep the error message). The device does include in the network and does function and the error message does disapear after a while but it seems like it does not fully include correctly. I had the thermostat more or less laying on top of my Vera when including it.

• The desktop browser UI does show set temperature and I can chenge the set temperature (see attached image). But the Mobile app (for me Android) does not show set temperature and I am not able to set set temperature throug the mobile app.

Anyone else seen this?

There seems to be a couple of other small nits with this device. I’ll update this thread as I play a bit more with it.

I have opened a task for our Development Team regarding the integration of the HeatIt Z-TRM2 thermostat. Only good thoughts!

The Heatit Z-TRM2 has been withdrawn from the market. It is replaced by the Heatit Z-TRM2fx. This one does not have an internal temperature sensor. Who cares, the built in sensor in the two prior versions was completely unreliable anyway. It might have shown the correct temperature now and then, I don’t know. Much like a watch that has stopped still shows the correct time twice a day. :-\

Anyway, the new Z-TRM2fx does not work with Vera either. It works with Homeseer, Fibaro and Home Assistant, maybe others as well.
It will include after several retries, but will hang with “Please wait! Getting secure classes!” after trying to configure it.

The device shows up with four child devices:

1. A thermostat (I have no idea why, you get the physical thermostat device plus a child thermostat???)
  2. Two “GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)” devices, that probably is to represent the external floor and air sensors, not recognized by Vera as temperature sensors
  3. A switch device representing the internal relay switch. It does nothing, and does not update the status of the physical relay at all.

The main device is not updated with sensor value for temperature. Set points get updated both ways. The child thermostat device does nothing at all.

This thermostat and the child devices has to be placed in the correct association groups to work, according to the manual and some Homeseer forums I read.
So to get the correct values from the child devices, there has to be made associations between something. The manual does not explain this very well, but from the Homeseer forum it seems to work if all the child devices are associated in respective groups under the main device. A very strange and not very user friendly solution, I have never seen any other device solving it this way. Comments?

Same problem here, can’t add the new Z-TRM2fx thermostat. It either does not include, or it includes and shows as 3 separate devices. Anyone managed to fix the problem?

Any update her ?

Is there any update with Z-TRM2fx support in Vera? Next week I have to buy 2 thermostats for electrical floor heating. If not Z-TRM2fx then what device can you recommend?

I am also curious about this. I will be in the market for some new thermostats soon and I would really like to use these since these are more or less the only thermostats I’ve found which fits the electrical frames etc I have.

I don’t know what it takes for Vera to support this device, but I guess a support ticket is an option. Posting here clearly won’t trigger an answer from the team.

Done;
"Thank you for contacting Vera Home Control.

Please know that this device has an integration request for it into our system already. The device has to be evaluated and if accepted, it will be implemented in a future firmware release . You will be able to see if it’s been added here : https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001695434-Release-Notes"

Any news on this…? I’m in the process of migrating all my zwave devices from Aeon Z-stick (Everspring UZB1 before that) to a Vera Plus controller, including 6 Z-TRM2fx… So far, I can’t say I’m all that impressed (coming from openzwave+home assistant - which I’d say is polished compared to this, and that says alot…).

I have a bunch of Fibaro Dimmer 2’s, of which I have managed to get most included (several tries + hard resetting with the B-button was nescessary for almost all of them). Some have suddenly gone away/stopped working - and i would have to go through the whole thing again.
Most of my rooms also have a Fibaro Motion Sensor 2 accompanying the dimmers. Of these I haven’t been able to get a single one included and working reliably for any extended period of time, most just dying off after the initial inclusion process.

When buying these fairly expensive devices, and proprietary software, I have to say I expect alot more than this. The dirt cheap 433MHz Nexa dimmers I have laying around is lightning fast and often more reliable than my zwave setup right now…

This ended up to be somewhat of a rant, slightly off topic, but there it goes.

Zero update on this from Vera.

But to be honest I am more unhappy with HeatIt (Thermofloor) at the moment. The first gen of this thermostat did not work at all, then they released the new gen which had a flaw where internal temperature sensor is off. They fix that by providing a new thermostat where one need an external sensor. In my case I have no room for an external sensor so I can’t use that. HeatIt have promised to release a version where the internal sensor is fixed but that have now more or less been a year in making and still no news from them.

Its just an overpriced device with too many flaws in my mind.

Strange, my experience is very different from @trygve and @bendikrb.

I have four of the first generation Multireg/HeatIt thermostat devices myself, two in my home on a Vera Plus, and two in my vacation home on Vera Lite (UI5). They all work great, and has always done so. They have been there since the initial release of the devices. I use the floor sensor, as the internal air sensor was pretty useless.
I have also installed four more of them for three friends with Vera Edge and Very Lite, all work perfectly fine with floor sensor.

Version 2 and 3 of the device is a completely different story. I never got them to work properly on any Vera unit, tried several. I agree they are a bad design that relies on some poorly documented association magic between endpoints/child devices and something. I never found out how it was supposed to work, and it never did. A complete mystery to me why they chose this awkward way to configure the thing.

When it comes to Fibaro Dimmer 2 and motion sensors, I really don’t get it. I have seven of the motion sensors and five Dimmer 2’s, they all work perfect on Vera. Never had an issue with any of them. They include and work perfectly. Did you include them within a meter of the controller, @bendikrb?

I managed to get the dimmers included, but I had to hard reset the devices (long press, wait until yellow, short press) to get it working. All dimmers seem to be working OK now for the past couple of weeks, although I get warnings now and then - either that it has lost contact (paraphrasing), or for example, right now one of them is showing “Please wait! Getting the manufacturer…”.

Another thing is that it seems totally random which configuration parameters I get in the device options (if any). And super awkward UI.

Motion sensors is still unstable, but I think I have managed to get them sorted, by carefully nurturing the device during the inclusion process (pressing the button to wake it up – and occasionally triple-clicking followed by a short click…). If I don’t, they’re stuck at “Waiting for wakeup to configure device”.
I have not, however, been able to get associations working. When I add some device to group 2, it just goes in an endless loop of “clearing associations”, “storing associations”…

Yes, devices often needs to be reset before inclusion, since exclusion success rate is random.

When it comes to Fibaro motion sensors, remember they are battery powered. So the only time they can be configured is when they are awake. You set the wake up interval. Or, better, make sure they are awake while configuring (press button so that they light up blue). Alternatively, wait a couple of days, and they will be configured finally. Just don’t expect anything to be immediate with Vera in general, or battery powered devices in particular. Because if one config fails during wake up (very likely), Vera has to wait until next wake up. What is default wake up, 4 hours? I have mine on 12 hours to conserve battery. Time to complete a config could be days.

What are you trying to achieve with associations? My advise: stay away from it if you can, it is extremely flaky. Not well documented, not well implemented. Very limited in functionality. Example: I have a room where a Fibaro motion sensor is associated with a Fibaro dimmer. So it will turn on the light when motion is detected, and turn it off after motion is “undetected”. A fixed timer. In the mean time, no more motion is detected, you are blind. If you turn lights off manually, they won’t come on again until set time of “undetected”. Pretty lame. On top of that, the time stamp for motion detected is fixed, it won’t change if motion continues. So it is like this: Motion detected, lights on, timer starts, timer ends, lights off. That’s it. Stupid. And to add insult to injury, associations aren’t any faster than firing off a controller scene based on the same event. You would expect associations to be fast, right? They are not.

What you want to do is to create a scene, like this: If motion detected, turn lights on. If no motion is detected after set time, turn lights off. If motion reoccurred during set time, add time before shut off. If light are manually shut off during set time, end process and listen for new motion event immediately. Few lines of LUA to make it a lot better in every way.

A comment on GUI. I have lived with and cried over Vera for a decade. I have several installations, my main one has more than 120 devices and thousands of lines of LUA code. I have now started a slow migration to HomeSeer. Mainly because of stability. I just can’t live with they way Vera has become an unstable, unpredictable, time consuming hack any more. Still, Vera GUI is decades ahead of HomeSeer when it comes to user friendliness and intuitivity. HomeSeer is highly regarded in the industry as one of the most production ready, stable and reliable platforms. Might be, but their UI is as bad as they come. I am really, really amazed by how completely, utterly pathetic it is. There should be laws against making something that horrible! Vera is fantastic in comparison. Yes, that says a lot… :frowning:

Just an example I just spent hours on debugging today: HomeSeer GUI did not reflect the fact that a dimmer or switch status or load level was manually changed using a physical switch. Like, never. Say what? That is of course default in Vera. In HomeSeer? You need to configure each device and child to send status changes back to the controller using undocumented black magic (also known as associations), it is not default behavior. How unbelievable stupid is that? So the simple task of telling the controller the changed status of a device has to be configured for each device, or by polling in set intervals.
No, I am not in a hurry to move it all to HomeSeer, I will continue to try my use cases in a test environment for a while. Vera is in fact pretty powerful after all. I just wish it was reliable and stable as well.

I want to have the dimmer turn ON. The problem you go on to describe, I had myself - but the way I cope with it, is having the motion sensor only send the ON command (it’s the parameter “12. BASIC command class configuration”). Then I use some automation in home assistant to turn lights OFF after a specific time of no motion or other parameters…