Heiman Motion Sensor z-wave HM1MS-Z

Hello,

I am trying to pair the Heiman Motion Sensor z-wave with a VeraPlus, Finally after a few reboots the controller did accept the device. I use the generic Z-wave device. Now I have two sensors namely a motion detector and a on/off switch. Both are not working.
Has anyone advice how to use this one?

Not used this particular device myself.

Which is the parent device and which is the child device ? I’m assuming the Generic IO On / Off device is the parent device.

You could try changing the ON / OFF Switch device to be a motion sensor.

In the devices advanced area change these:

device_type = urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1

device_file = D_MotionSensor1.xml

device_json = D_MotionSensorWithTamper1.json

category_num = 4

subcategory_num = 3

Hi cw-kid,

Thanks for the reply.

I am new to this and did not know about parent & child, but you were correct about the parent (on/off). I changed the settings as advised. Now the device is reacting.

I also wonder about these settings which are in another motion detector (EverSpring) which is working on the VeraPlus, also as generic device:

AlarmType Heiman 0x7 Everspring 0x7,0x8

AlarmVersion Heiman 0x1 Everspring 0x2

SubscribedAlarms Heiman 0x7 Everspring 0x7,0x8

Do you know anything about that?

I also noticed that the device stays on for two minutes after activating? It’s not a problem, but is that also the setting IgnoreTripTime?

Last question, can I delete the child device without any problem?

Thanks anyway for helping.

Hi

You should be able to delete the child device of the Heiman motion sensor.

Or you can hide it from the web interface by adding this code to the Vera startup LUA under the Apps - Develop Apps - Edit Startup LUA area.

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",157)

Where 157 would be the device number of your child device you want to hide.

Your other questions I will have to think about as about to leave the house right now.

I was going to suggest to look at the user manual and see if there is a parameter setting you can set for this.

However looks like this device has no parameter settings at all? None are mentioned in the one page user manual here.

I think if you want the motion sensor to go back to Tripped = 0 faster than within two minutues you will have to create a some scene logic or use Reactor to monitor for when the sensor trips and then after your desired time, for example 30 secs have it set Tripped to 0.

Personally I would do this in the PLEG logic engine, so not exactly sure how you would do it in a Vera scene or by using Reactor.

However this code for example will set a motion sensor with the device ID of 158 to Tripped = 0 aka not tripped.

luup.variable_set ("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 0, 158)

You just need some mechanism to monitor the motion sensor device for when it trips, wait 30 seconds of whatever and then set its tripped variable to 0.

Sorry I’m not sure about these, perhaps someone else might know?

For comparison looking at my Fibaro motion sensor

AlarmType Fibaro 0x7

AlarmVersion Fibaro 0,1

SubscribedAlarms Fibaro 0x7

This might be a better way to do it see here.

They are talking about creating an “AutoUntrip” variable.

You can set this variable to say 30 seconds and the motion sensor should auto untrip after that period of time.

Never tried this myself, but I would give that a go first.

1 Like

Hi cw-kid,

Thanks for the effort and the time you put into the problem. I really appreciate it.

So regarding the values, They seems to be the same as Fibaro. I noticed that the EverSpring is detected as an I/O device. Anyway it works so I leave it for now.

I tested the hide, It works nice, that means I can now have spare / not connected devices hidden in the interface.

Regarding the “untrip” it’s probably build in. I can reset the interface, but not the sensor, as I discovered. And you mentioned, there not such an info.

Anyway I use it to switch lights, so I was looking for the possibility to extend the time to 5 minutes. Now I will implement a delay in the scene.

Thanks for helping

What’s the model number of the Everspring motion sensor?

Yes that could be a problem if you want to go the other way and increase it above 2 minutes. It may not work if you try to add an AutoUntrip variable to the device for 5 minutes?

I guess you can only try it. Or as you say add a delay for the lights in your scene.

Buy a Neo CoolCam motion sensor off Aliexpress.

They are the best Z-Wave motions sensors I have used and have loads of parameter settings on them.

Hi cw-kid,

It’s a EverSpring SP816. That’s also not a good choice. The Light sensor is not working. That means it will always react, day or night. The timer is working. I bought them because they are IP44 and I need them outside in bad weather conditions. So also the Heiman goes outside, but I will put it in a protective case. It’s an experiment and the sensor is cheap.
I will look at a Neo sensor, thanks for the advice.

By the way deleting the child, also deleted the parent.

I have one of these also. I wasn’t aware there was a LUX sensor on it, it certainly doesn’t create a LUX sensor child device in Vera. I just did all my day / night logic in PLEG.

It was added OK as a motion sensor however and not an Generic IO device, you can either try unpairing it and repairing it to Vera or edit the device files as you did with the Heiman one.

When deleting child devices you probably need to uncheck the “Embedded” tick box. In the Child devices Advanced area on the Params tab.

I seem to recall the LUX sensors on the Everspring motion sensors are more for when the lights are directly associated with the motion sensor via native Z-Wave association groups.

I had an Everspring SP817 motion sensor before, that has settings for LUX in its parameters but I could never get it working. Probably because I wasn’t using Z-Wave association with it.

The Neo CoolCam are the best but not IP rated for outdoors. Only thing I don’t like about the Neo ones is they do not support S2 Security.

Hi cw-kid,

In the EverSpring it’s not a sensor but a pot-meter (opened one) which should influence the operating, but it doens’t. It’s the same with the Timer setting so nothing can be read out in the Vera, just on/off

I deleted again the child, now with the embedded off and again it deleted the parent. So I will hide it J.