Help needed with Powerlinc on Vera Plus / UI7

I just went from Vera Lite UI5 to Vera Plus UI7. After getting basic configuration working, I decided to install powerlinc modem and I am not getting anywhere.

I tried to follow standard instructions, which are plug in the USB cable, hit next, plug in the modem to outlet , hit next. At the end I was getting error message Vera becomes unresponsive and it wont start with Powerlinc or even USB cable attached.

When I restart it without anything plugged in, I can see Insteon interface enabled, and blue message INSTEON : No INSTEON. When I plug it back it, I get Blue Please wait… and nothing happens.

Any ideas from anyone?

I called support and was told this is a known issue and developers are.working on it. It would have been great to know this before I migrated over.

Is this resolved yet? I am interested in this integration as well.

It is not resolved yet with the Plus/Native Insteon yet. I, however, have Altsteon 0.08 running “ON” the VeraPlus itself and it provides complete seam-less experience. The native implementation of Insteon remains off on the UI setup. The altsteon daemon runs natively and handles all command execution. All you have to do is add startup code, drop a file into your VeraPlus and add the devices.

I use a USB Insteon PLM. Any questions, start a new thread and tag me in it via pm or whatever. thanks, and good luck!

I was having issues with this too. Ended up going with ISY994 for Insteon integration. Vera would not support the Fanlics I wanted to implement. Wasn’t sure if it would with Altsteon on board or not.

There was a great write-up on how to integrate the two systems.