Help with House Modes

Hello,
I have scenes set up to change House Mode from Home to Away when I set my alarm panel and leave the house and vice versa when I come home. I also have Night Mode to activate after Sunset. These modes primarily open during the day and close window shutters after Sunset around the house. If I leave the house BEFORE sunset Vera goes to Away mode but when I come home AFTER Sunset Vera goes to Home mode and opens all my shutters. I don’t want this to happen. I want Vera to switch to Night Mode instead thus keeping the shutters closed. Can Reactor be used to achieve this and if so how or is there another way? I can’t figure out the logic to do it.
Thanks Graham

Limit the scene that changes from Away to Home to only run in Away mode in standard scene creation.

Thanks for your reply Crille. After giving it more thought I think what I need is a scene to switch from Away to Home during daylight hours from Sunrise to Sunset and another scene to switch from Away to Night mode during night time from Sunset to Sunrise. Hopefully this will stop window shutters opening when I come home late at night.I already have scenes to lower the shutters at Sunset and raise them at 8am next morning.

You can easily do complex triggers like this in Reactor. It may not be out of reach for Vera’s standard scene triggres… until you get to the “one more thing” and then you hit the wall.

I’m going to assume at this point you are on with your own approach, but if you decide to do this in Reactor and need help, by all means chime in again. At that point, it would help if you can lay out all your rules, perhaps as a bullet list. With a complete view of what you’re trying to achieve, it’s easier for all reading here to formulate ideas.

Thanks for your reply Rigpapa. I’m out of town now for a month so I’ll continue when I return.