Hide Devices Not Working

Can anyone shed some light on the issue im having with hiding devices. I have the devices listed in the startup Lua but the devices will not hide, most devices are the parent device for Fibaro Double Switch.

luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,Device ID) is the code in the startup Lua i am trying to hide multiple devices and have repeated the above code and changed the device id for each device requiring to be hidden.

This issue only appeared when upgraded controller to firmware version 1.7.4970 (7.31)

Controller is Vera Plus

Hi mattmannix,

I just tried on the same firmware to hide a child of a device and then it works. This is what I used:

luup.attr_set("invisible",1, DevID)

Cheers Rene

Thank Rene, I removed the the exclamation marks from the 1, still can see device. Im trying to hide the parent device not the child device.

Tried the same code on my Nero by Environexus controller (essentially a rebadged Vera) and it succesfully hide device.

Maybe the issue is with the controller itself. Anybody else had this issue.

Will try and default controller and reload backup or load backup onto spare Vera edge controller I have.

Hi,

Maybe you cannot hide the parent device. Never tried that.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,

You can hide the parent device, the device I hid on my Nero controller was the parent not the child device.

1 Like