HomeBuddy keeps saying Vera is requesting a full refresh

Is this normal? If I do anything with homebuddy, like turn off a light, it says Vera is requesting a full refresh. Shouldn’t it only need to do a full refresh when I add devices/scenes and restart LUA?

Same here (HP Touchpad running CM9 nightly). On startup that’s the first thing it asks for.

This did not happen last week and the only change I made since then was changing CM9 from the production version to the latest nightly to get the audio (mic/speaker) supported. That does not seem to have had any adverse effect on my other apps. I’m running HomeBuddy v0.36

I’m relieved to hear this is unexpected. I just installed HomeBuddy, and really like the interface, but it’s driving me nuts with the Full Refresh requests on every single action (and startup).

Any workaround?

I found an option to avoid the prompt, but that apparently means it updates every time anyway.

It would be great if there was an option to say “Never Refresh” and a button or menu item to do a full refresh on command.

It seems that it’s only actually necessary when devices are added/removed. Not sure why HomeBuddy wants a full refresh any time I touch anything, but it makes the program much more tedious than it should be.

A full refresh would also happen when you make any changes on the Vera side configuration. For example, adding or modifying a scene, or when you have to hit the save / reload button. Other variables come into play. Depending on the data, there is a variable passed that would tell you when a full refresh is needed. Not sure what would be causing home buddy to always be prompting for a full refresh.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:5, topic:173266”]A full refresh would also happen when you make any changes on the Vera side configuration. For example, adding or modifying a scene, or when you have to hit the save / reload button. Other variables come into play. Depending on the data, there is a variable passed that would tell you when a full refresh is needed. Not sure what would be causing home buddy to always be prompting for a full refresh.

• Garrett[/quote]

No matter what I do, it asks for a full refresh every time I run a scene or toggle a switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to bump an old(er) thread, but I’m having this issue first.

New to Vera, and am just Beta testing it with a few of my lights. Installed HomeBuddy and it worked great. But now my “widgets” don’t operate the scenes, and when I open the app, it keeps asking for the full refresh business.

I’ll gonna dig a little bit further, but it just seems odd ???

Mine still asks for a full refresh all the time. But my widgets/shortcuts work just fine.

Well my widget didn’t work last night from afar. Discovered once I opened the app, it wanted a refresh. Worked fine then.

Probably gonna move on from this app. Maybe I’ll try it if/when I get a new phone, because I really like the widget aspect of things :-\

Home Buddy is a fantastic app. The integration with Tasker makes for killer automation!!!

I’m not sure if the issue regarding a need for a full refresh has been solved. I’m using Home Buddy widgets as an easy means of activating certain things, and they appear to fail once every week or two. The reason being is the need to go into Home Buddy to do a full refresh. I’m not convinced that it’s due to configuration changes insisting on a full refresh. It sometimes appears to occur unpredictably.

I will also post this in the Tasker integration forum, but if Home Buddy seems to require a refresh periodically, can an intent message cause Home Buddy to do this, say… on a schedule? Or even better, is there a way to have Home Buddy run as a service, such that it updates on it’s own?

Thanks!