HomeKit and Vera - what am I missing?

I simply would like my First Alert Smoke/CO Alarm to communicate with Vera, just to send me an alert, like it does using its Homekit enabled software. It communicates with Homekit, and I got Homebridge (almost) working but it means I can see Vera but Vera cannot see Homekit. That is unforetunate and also means when I next replace my smoke alarms, I will NOT get Homekit-compatible hardware, but something more universal that Vera can work with. It is a shame Apple still does not play nice with others. And I am not an anti-Apple person. I have had an iPhone since the original in 2007 and my wife since 2008. Great product. But they do lock down their hardware.

Hi guys,

I am writing a plugin for Homebridge.

Checkout homebride-bvera and let me know what you think!

The git repository is a bit outdated but I’ve uploaded to npm recently.

Well, I ordered one of these off eBay; “Budget Blinds Smart Home Collection Homekit Remote Controller New In Box”.

I just want to automate opening my blinds at sunup and closing them at sundown. I’ve pretty much exhausted all avenues. I’ve tried decoding the RF signal from the remote, I’ve bought numerous remotes to try to clone. None of this has worked. Budget Blinds has everything locked down and no information IOT protect the dealer channel. Had I known, I probably would have gone a different route.

I am hoping I can control them through the homekit and best case control the homekit device with Vera.

Any thoughts?