HomeSeer dimmer and switch feedback

Last year, got some homeseer dimmer and switches, and have mixed results with them, so I’d like to hear feedback on other member’s experiences.
As we know, central scene doesn’t work in Vera, so it works as a normal switch/dimmer. That’s fine.
As a dimmer, had mixed results with LEDs: If the load is low, they tend to flicker. Same LED lights in a circuit with more of the same LED lights work OK, but same LED light by itself of a dimmer flickers a lot. Did anyone else have this issue?
The switches have a small delay after clicking it on and turning on the device, with a loud click (probably most switches do the same, anyways).
Click: On one of the switches, doesn’t respond when clicked from a corner of the paddle. Seems like a mechanical design issue, but otherwise works.
Status feedback: Vera getting status updates from these is a hit or miss. Most of the time, VeraPlus misses the status updates, so I resorted to polling them more frequently. Not ideal. The issue with the status feedback is a drag. Any better workarounds rather than polling?

I’m considering replacing these eventually with Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ but can’t find any feedback about there on this forum.

Anyone seeing Z-Wave stability issues after adding these to the network?

Let me know when you go to sale them. I love them and just bought a ton more to replace my GE (no instant status). I’m currently waiting for some more to come back in stock (dimmers and Companion) to place another order.

LED flicker I haven’t had any problems but its probley due to the bulbs I use. I had some flicking with the GE switches and changed the bulbs out then. HS switches replaced the GE ones with works the same on both (good).

I haven’t noticed any delay on the on off’s but the dimmers slow ramp rate seems slow. I click and I feel like I watch the light to see it go down before walking away. I’m sure that can be adjusted but I haven’t played with it.

Click noise seems quiter then my GE’s but its there.

Never noticed a corner panel problem but haven’t really tried it on purpose. If your just coming from a regular switch you might see that it takes firm pushes but my GE was the same way.

And As far as VERA and polling, well thats a problem on the VERA side that I assume will get fixed sometime. Smart things already works with the switches correctly now including double and triple tap. Vera just a little slow to get support.

As it happens, one dimmer and one switch are refusing to work correctly today (The switch is next to another that works fine). Not responding to Vera.
Instant notification doesn’t work for me at all, with firmware 5.14. Did you upgrade the dimmer firmware to 5.19? If so, how?
Had a very stable Z-Wave network until I installed a few of these. Getting very frustrated.
I might just unpair all of these units and try pairing them again. I know it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but not sure what else to try.

[quote=“emiliosic, post:4, topic:195659”]As it happens, one dimmer and one switch are refusing to work correctly today (The switch is next to another that works fine). Not responding to Vera.
Instant notification doesn’t work for me at all, with firmware 5.14. Did you upgrade the dimmer firmware to 5.19? If so, how?
Had a very stable Z-Wave network until I installed a few of these. Getting very frustrated.
I might just unpair all of these units and try pairing them again. I know it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but not sure what else to try.[/quote]

I probley can’t help you with your current problems I was only offering to buy some used switches and give you my 2 cents on GE vs. HomeSeer switches. I abandoned ship already.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47661.30.html

Just take a close look at all your problems and try and determine the root cause, you can probley fix alot of problems in one shot.

integlikewhoa - i saw from the photo you posted that your ordered the Homeseer door/window sensor. Have you been able to get that to work? I got it to pair, and changed the device type from generic to door / window sensor and it seems to work on the web page, but in the mobile app it still shows up as a generic device. Curious if you’re having the same problem.

See my last post.

And here is another picture of one of those sensors all setup and running good.

EDIT: I also always used Imperihome app for customization. The VERA app never fit my needs. Try that.

Please check out my new plugin which includes much better support for HomeSeer switches and dimmers.

New scene controller plugin